Is Biblical Prophecy reliable?

@debrakcarey (19925)
This is an excerpt from the book by Dr. Chuck Missler titled "PROPHECY 20/20" Biblical Prophecy: More than Crystal Balls We don't take prophecy seriously because it is in the Bible. We take the Bible seriously because of the track record of it's prophecies. But there's far more than just a few historical episodes involved. The Bible has anticipated our most advanced discoveries on the very frontiers of our sciences. It is astonishing to many to discover the technologicial perspectives in the Bible. There are many techonology statements in the Bible that the average reader takes for granted: the idea that the earth is round. (Isaiah 40:22), the fact that the solar system migrates throughout the galaxy (Psalms 19:1-6), and the fact that space itself has properties that transcend our three-dimensional understanding of reality. The Bible anticipated many of the recent insights of modern medicine that are in stark contrast to the myths and superstitions of the ancient cultures of the past. Ezekiel speaks of a battle that will be resolved by hailstones of fire, and in which the leftover weapons provide all the energy needs of the nation of Israel for seven years. (Ezekiel 38-39) Furthermore, he mentions that professionals will spend seven months clearing out the remains, burying them downwind. He even indicates that a traveler, passing through the battle zone, and finding something the professionals have missed, doesn't touch it. Rather, he marks the location and leaves it for the professionals to deal with. This is a surprisingly contemporary procedure characteristic of nuclear-biological-chemical warfare. Zechariah describes the unique effects of the neutron bomb (Zechariah 14:12) Jeremiah speaks of smart weapons: the intelligence and perception is in the arrow rather than the shooter-arrows that can't miss. (Jeremiah50:9) PROPHECY 20/20 What are your thoughts after reading this excerpt and learning these things are in the Bible?
@tjades (3594)
• Jamaica
I have always maintained that even thought the bible has some things in it which are hard to accept and which to me are fully explained or understood, (e.g its view on women) it has far more accurate stuff for me not to believe in it. There will be wars and rumors of war. Knowledge increases, men run to and fro. Increases in natural calamities. These are things I learnt about since childhood and I know for sure that they are all very evident in our world today. Another prophecy... It will all get worst as man's greed gets the better of them. One thing I am never good at is providing biblical qoutes but Isiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation are great books to read for insites on all this. Some persons misunderstand and some try to project aspects of the bible to rflect their individual beliefs but the bible and its message never changes to suit our fancy.
@tjades (3594)
• Jamaica
I have always maintained that even though the bible has some things in it which are hard to accept and which to me are not fully explained or understood,...
@tjades (3594)
• Jamaica
Debrakcarey that was so well put, so well explained and I totally I agree. A discussion I started here sometime ago here echoed these sentiments. I have always maintained even at my church, that if the interpretation put to these text even by some of the minsters and church leaders, was true then something had gone amiss with the biblical view of the woman. So many hold on to the point of subjection and ignore all else. My view... If a man beats and abuses his wife and children absolutely no church should tell the woman she is bound to the man by marriage under the law of God and that it is her duty to be with the man through thick and thin, for better or worst. Situations like these put the bible's teachings and man's interpretation to the test. A man who does this to his wife and children have defaulted on his God given role and the care for treasures entrusted to him. Just as God would remove from a fallen Minister the role entrusted to him to lead His people, this man ought to lose his place and treasure. I am passionate about abuse to women and children and have heard of and personally known of cases where the woman was forced by the church to remain in such abusive relationships. Two of the women I know are still alive but one I heard of was finally killed by the man. Is that what God would have wanted? Would God have sat with those women and tell them they have to bear it and work to resolve the problems in sucha marriage or would he have reprimanded the man and taken from him the gifts he had entrusted to him? The interpretation trumpeted from the pulpit by many leaders 9even those on TV etc...) are quite vexing to me. They present God and the bible as being barbaric in nature and someone who views women as second class human beings. I couldnt see the sense in those interpretations even as a child and that view as not changed. Egotistic men are very abundant in the churches and they really ought to be taught the true meaning of God's words in relation to their wives. However if the ministers and leaders themselves are of the same opinion then who willteach.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Thank you tjades. I did not know here. But Yuwie can be a tight knit community and close friends of mine on there did know her. I feel connected to her because of her situation before she was killed. I grieve for her and her son even not having known her.
@Destiny007 (5820)
Lets just say that I recognize the correlations in Biblical Prophecy and current events.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Are you a Bible student, Destiny007?
Many years ago... It is amazing the things you remember when you learn them young.
@debrakcarey (19925)
Yes, the Bible says...train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he shall not depart from it. Youth always feels that they know better. lol When you get our age you realize that your parents knew a whole lot more than you gave them credit for.