Do you believe -----

Ive often heard the words, heaven and hell are here on earth only. How many of us believe this. I personally feel that the karmas or deeds of our past lives play a very important part in making our life here heaven or hell, of course with our deeds of this life too. I understand that some people are poor and go hungry whereas some have plenty. some have enough to make two ends meet. Why ? Its because we have done some good deeds in our past life, that we have enough to feed ourselves and the family and we must keep doing good deeds in this life too to be able to have a better life next birth. Ive seen good people suffer too, and that Ive read in books is because he has to pay for the sins of his last birth, to start with a clean slate. How we behave with others, makes our world a heaven or hell on earth.
@sjvenden27 (1850)
I believe in Karma... I am not so worried about the receiving then the giving.. Why?? When you expect something back right way, or have to get something to give something attitude.. You will miss something even greater... I try to do things from the heart, and if someone happens to do something back for me, I feel overwhelm with joy... Because it was unexpected... No expectations, bring more to the table when you receive something.. and if there was nothing giving in returned, you are not crushed from it.. Yes after a while you may feel used; and not as likely to help that person again... All I am saying that when you do not expect something.. Life surprises you when you least except it.. There is Karma it may not happen over night or even a year later but it comes back around two-fold.. I am a stronger believer in this and I have received many gifts in the past years which were unexpected.. But where there when I needed it the most... The true gift of giving is that warm fuzzy feeling that you get inside for doing something for someone else.. Not who is watching or who is receiving.. But the act itself..
Bravo ! Well said my friend. It is indeed great not to expect anything in return for what you do. That surely tells out loud the type of person you are. Very few people on earth are like you. Yes, I too have noticed that when we least expect something and are in dire need of it, Universe fulfills it for the good. Excellent thinking and it just shows what a good soul you are. Your karmas will help you in this birth and next. Thanks.
Thank you for the praise! But I can not take all of the credit. My aunt helped me fine tune a couple things..
hi kety it depends on how people define karma ... as of now, people blame on karma only when something bad happens and define good things as product of luck .. So are me lucky to be having goodness in our life or it is karma ?? For me it good or bad is karma ... luck has little to do with it ... I guess next topic of discussion should be "LUCK OR KARMA " cheers
Hi sanjana, when we have good luck, its because of some good karmas of our past lives. Its either good luck or bad luck. When bad luck comes, its again karmas which we have to ,have to bear to make the slate clean for the next life. So the moral of the story is, do good in this birth as much as you can, for that will be the basis of your next life. Thanks.
@bhanusb (5709)
I also believe the words,heaven and hell are here on earth.Humans can make the earth heaven and they can also make the earth hell. But I don't believe a poor person's misfortune is for past life's 'karma' or deeds. The social system is liable for his or her misfortune.In western countries there are social securities and they established welfare States.There are poor people but not like ours.Here the rulers represent higher class people of the society.They see interest of their own class.They don't see the interests of the poor.So the poor always remains poor.
How we behave in this birth will be the basis for the next birth. The politicians and statesmen become rich at our expense, they were destined to be so because of some karmas of their past, which they are utilising. It they do not help the poor, or use their wealth sensibly, then they will suffer probably in the next birth, for they are utilising all the good they had accumulated in their past lives, leaving behind only bad and sins of this birth. You won't belive, but with social security system also, people in developed countries are hand to mouth. Lets just do good and leave the rest to God. He will give us all the blessings at the right time. Thanks.
@pxm204192 (160)
you have such idea of this societies' value, this value is decided by the peoples'making, in the world there is no such standard in the world, this is all the people who can rule you and it is convenient to manage the people in their way and find some ways to rule the people. in the world, there are no beautiful and ugly, the good and bad, the standard is not clear in actruately, the people who have a lot of the money is almost(even a most part of) through the cheating of making a money or the depending on the state monopoly, and lastly, the small part of them is making a money with their honest labor, you should remember the big money which can not make through the honest labor, it is through the exchange and business with dealing with. so there are a lot of the unfair things in this society, it is just realities, and it is just for us the society. the world where we are staying is not heaven or a hell, is just for the reality. we must be customal to this way in realities. not just for you.
You may be born very poor. Thats past karma. You cheat and become rich. This is the karma of this birth, which you will have to pay in the many next births. You are born rich. You are blessed with plenty. Again thats your past karma. How you use your wealth in this life will be your tomorrows (next births) basis. The rich become poor overnight and the poor become rich with one lottery ! Again that is karma. Our actions are are own has nothing to do with the state or society. You can live a life of poverty in dignity too ! Thats again your karma. This is reality in purest form. Thanks.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
Hi Ketty, I believe this to be true. Your Karma in the past makes hell or heaven for you on this Earth only and there is no other hell or heaven. But what past action? Is it your before life here or of some reason that puts a puzzle here. Suppose I never did any wrong deed in this life why still I have been suffering like anything here now? And if we are to go back to our past life then surely we had different sort of life or this human life and now we are having the result basing on the Karma that we did then.
What we are today, what we suffer is not just the karmas of our one past life. If God gave the fruits of all our bad karmas together, we would never survive. He in His kindness distributes our bad karmas and good over a period of lifes and deaths, so as to make it berable. What we do today, the karmas of this life, good or bad will be weighed in His kingdom, and then we are given the type of life in the next birth along with all the other other deeds of our past lives. Its complicated, but what we have to l earn from this is that do good as much as you can, expect nothing and leave the rest to God. Thanks.
@jemifer (124)
I don't believe in reincarnation. I don't believe that if you are rich now, it means that you have done good in your previous life. And if you are poor you have done something wrong in your previous life. I don't believe that. For me, there should be an opposite in all things. If all people are rich, then rich wouldn't have the same meaning 'cause no person is poor. You can't differentiate who's poor and rich if all people are rich or poor. For me, whatever our condition is when we were born, that is what's good for us. We are here to be tested if we will be good or not. Sometimes the test is about financial matters. 'Cause it's hard to be good if you are poor. You will be tempted to do bad things just to have money. I believe it's really better to be poor but kind than to be rich and proud. Our money won't save us but our good deeds will. I believe the Bible and the Bible said that it will be hard for reach man to go to heaven because most of them won't share their blessings and only think about themselves. For me, it's the service that counts.
Well, I know Christians dont believe in reincarnation, so its ok. Its how we live in this world is important. When we do good, we touch the God present in each and every soul and thats what counts. As you say, sharing is important, without expectation of a return. Any act that is done selflessly is worthy of God, and His blessings are then plentyful. Thanks.
@a_manick (880)
I dont believe on heaven ,hell,previous birth ,etc etc.What one thing i strongly believe is if we do good things to others without expectations,only good things will happen to you.If we even thing of bad things to others ,certainly we have to pay .AS we sow it will reap.poor people can become rich if they try and work hard.Any thing is possible for mankind.We cannot assume ourselves that we did sins in our previous birth and thats what we suffer this birth.Every suffering will teach us a lesson,and thats why we suffer.I believe in gitas verses that whatever has to happens will happen properly at the right time,but not hell &heaven .
I thought Lord Krishna strongly advocated the laws of karma, and what has to happen will happen because your karma dictates it. You cannot stop it for you have to pay for the karmas, good or bad. Its easy to say poor can become rich by working. Yes, its true, but very very difficult. Thats why there are good people who suffer, inspite of doing good in this birth, thats only because of his past karmas which he has to suffer to clean his slate for an even better next life. Thanks.
@saw2207 (1363)
I have heard that “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” otherwise said. . .what comes around goes around.....and it is not important to see what happens to others but what is important is that we each live as humans. . therefore to treat others as we would like to be treated. . . if heaven and hell are here on earth only that is something that is personal to each one of us. As George Gershwin wrote in his song.... [i]"Life is just a bowl of cherries. Don't take it serious; life's so mysterious. You work, you save, you worry so, But you can't take your dough when you go, go, go. So keep repeating it's the berries, The strongest oak must fall, The sweet things in life, to you were just loaned So how can you lose what you've never owned? Life is just a bowl of cherries, So live and laugh at it all. "[/i]
Thats a wonderful song. However it is human nature to worry about our tomorrows, inspite of knowing we take nothing with us. Its just the thought of dying peacefully knowing if you have dough, you will be looked after in your last days. Its sad but true. Yes, we must control our reactions to others, for then they become our karmas. I often try to remember it, and in the h eat of the argument, I often forget this very wise saying. Thanks.
Hi, kety. You are right. I also believe that wmake our destiny by our deeds. If we practice goodness without selfisness, then the hand of God is upon us and there is heaven for us right here. If we engage in evil, the hand of God is still upon us. but to punish, and there is hell for us right here. I also feel that the greatest commandment, ordered to us from God, is love. If we have love for all, no matter who the person is, all goodness automatically flows into our deeds. Happy Mylotting!!
Hey, THE creationist, with a name like this, you must be very close to the Creator ! Great, no wonder you understand the laws of nature and behaviour along with the theory of karma.Yes, love is everflowing and when given in plenty, we receive the same from the Lord above. Evil begets evil. thanks.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
@stephcjh (32328)
I believe in alot of things actually and I have alot of different thoughts about things too. I think we do live hell on earth alot of times. I am not sure why we have to live it though when we try to do right.
steph, what you are suffering is just wiping your slate clean of your past karmas. You are good in this birth, you have done everything you can to bring peace and happiness to people around you, and yet you suffer. Take this suffering as a blessing, for you are in this birth paying off for your past karmas and now the good days will come, either in this birth or next. Keep doing good to others and know you are paving the way for a better life in the next birth. Good luck and keep smiling. Its difficult in the face of adversities, but then thats karma. thanks.
While life is what you make it, you have to allow for just simple dumb luck sometimes. For instance, I've written articles from the heart, just because it felt good. Later, I found out that I've inspired some people or just made them feel better. In turn, it made me feel great knowing that I've touched someone's life, whether I know them or not. In other words, what comes around, goes around. I can't really say I believe in reincarnation. I'm more of a scientific thinker. However, I can vouch that if you enter the world with a smile, you will get a smile back, eventually. The trick here is to not expect anything in return. Now, for my next thought. Why is it that some people seem to get away with murder? (figurately speaking, of course) I know people that are so greedy, but they seem to always get there way regardless if they are right or wrong. Others...bust their behind and get very little, if any, recognition. A good example...the coworker that does absolutely nothing but kiss butt to get promoted. Why didn't the person who actually done the work get the promotion? I don't get it. All I know is that it's a dog eat dog world. In summary, yes, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Now, if it were a perfect world, this might work. On the other hand, we might compromise our competitiveness. So, what should we do? Pray! Thank you for an interesting and enlightening topic. Keep up the good work! meow & ciao! ^**^ puddytat101
Dumb luck ! How is it that it comes to some and not to the others ? This is the karma of our past life. When you are lucky, you thank God and say, hey Im lucky ! But did we ever stop to think why we are so dammed lucky and not the other person with me ? Good karmas always bring in luck. When you wrote an article, you touched some people's heart. You made them feel good. Unknowingly, you have done a good karma in this birth. You will be rewarded in plenty in the next births. There are good people in this world who do suffer a lot. They are the refined souls. They are paying for their past karmas, and because they have become refined souls, they are good this life.If God gave us our dues for all the bad or good karmas in one life, we would not be able to bear it. So in His kindness, its spread over many births to make it bearable. When a good person suffers, know that he is wiping his slate clean of the past karmas so that his next life will be better. As for licking feet of your boss and getting promotion, its their karma of today. I know it is hurting and demeaning, but then people have become selfish and egoistic. Such karmas come in the way of a better life next birth. Thanks.