Polite cat

My cats are very sweet and usually polite. they do their best not to hurt me, they don't scratch me or bite me, well, two of them don't, the third one does sometimes but very seldom. I was standing in the diner preparing for diner and my cats were playing around chasing each other. so they ran under the table and one of them ran over my foot, he scratch my foot a little while doing that. he stoped looked back at me made a very concerned face and meowed. he looked like he was about to cry because he was so sorry that he hurt me. i told him it was ok, i'm not hurt and he went back to chasing his brother. My cousin's dog does the same thing, if my cousin start crying after he play bites you (he doesn't actually bites, he just takes a hand in his mouth. once my cousin pretends to cry he starts making this crying-howling noise and starts licking her. have you seen pets who are really truly sorry when they hurt you?
@Tiamjr (435)
Mine are quite cheeky and it seems as though they try to blame one of the other cats if they do something naughty. I came home one day and my favourite perfume had be knocked all over the floor. I thought I had put it in quite a safe place, but obviously not...lol:) The house smelt amazing, shame it was my favourite and most expensive brand of perfume! I looked at my cats. Boonie glanced across to Sunny, Sunny to Biscuit, as if they were passing the blame on. When I picked them up Boonie and Sunny smelt like they had been rolling around in it. I had a lovely smelling home for a week or two though:)
haha mine don't blame anything on each other, but when they chewed through the wire and i asked them who did it, they just looked at me "wire? what wire? we didn't do anything" they don't mind destroying things lol
@Tiamjr (435)
Yes, they do act like that sometimes. The trouble is they have those cute little eyes looking back up at you, and it is just impossible to be angry with them.
No I think for the most part they are pretty oblivious when they hurt you, I always tell them that they hurt me and they tend to get annoyed. My cat has a tendecny to bite when he is hungry and I tell him no when he does that.
I got my cats to stop scratching and biting by getting upset. after one of them scratched me i told him that it hurts and then didn't talk to him or pet him for the rest of the day. he doesn't do it any more. my boyfriend never minded them scratching because he doesn't feel pain as much, so they didn't know that it can hurt us... though it doesn't work on all cats, one of my cats scratches sometime when i touch his head because he was abused a lot when he was little, i guess his old owner used to pet his head a lot, so it reminds him of that abuse.