Should rapists have their balls cut off?

@diamania (7037)
Netherlands
With all these stories about perverted men raping men and women I really think politicians should consider measures to have them either put behind bars or prevent them from being able to rape. What do you think about this cutting edge subject? Should rapists be made sterile or not? If so, which method sounds most appealing to you? Sorry for 'appealing' I know neither of the options are appealing...
@debrakcarey (19925)
As much as I'd like to see that happen, it would probably fall under cruel and unusual punishment. Kinda hard to reverse if DNA exhonorated them, huh?
@fwidman (11519)
Seems a little cruel to me and we have laws against such things here in the U.S. of A.
@fwidman (11519)
Yes, robert, even rapists have rights. It's the American Justice system at work
@fwidman (11519)
A very common thought, Robert. But, Justice doesn't quite work ou that way. Bad for the victims, good for the defendants.
@silvercoin (2102)
• Lithuania
Being a rich rapist I could buy me a freedom and save my balls.The biggest perversity is our justice system.I think these people should get what they deserve.Not in public.Public punishment can stimulate the sick imagination or traumatize some individuals.
@debrakcarey (19925)
I am a r*pe victim. I learned while healing from the trauma that the thought of them facing their creator and hearing him pronouce judgement helped. I would not like to be the one to administer judgment such as you all describe here. Violence does not rid the world of violence. Women who have been assulted in such a way...do not need more violence imbeded in their minds. But thank you all for standing up for the victims. I see where you are coming from.
Good question. I think that they should be castorated, that would put an end to their viciousness. Call me cruel but they have tried every method humanely possible to keep these people away from children, women and men. Legally it will never happen but they will pay for their crimes one day.