NOT MY TURN TO DIE! My Good Friend's Memoirs Of His Childhood In War-Torn Bosnia

My friend Savo Heleta, who I had the fortune to meet through one of my favourite writing websites of all times, recently published his memoirs, a gripping account of his childhood in war-torn Bosnia. Not My Turn To Die (memoirs of a broken childhood in Bosnia) tells the story of Savo Heleta, his younger sister Sanja, and their family's fight for survival and eventual escape, from war-torn Bosnia in the 1990s. This is a must-read for everyone who cares about what is really going on in the world, not just believeing what the media tells us. Savo's writing is such that you feel like you are a part of his story, journeying with his family through the ups and downs of their unbelieveable experiences. Has anyone on MyLot read this wonderful book yet? What did you think of it?
@byfaithonly (10716)
I have not read this book but sounds like something I should add to my list to watch for. Do you know if it's for sale online? Always best to get the 'news' from someone who has lived it rather than those who just watch it from a distance.
I definitely reccomend it!! It's for sale everywhere. Last night I stayed up late and added my reviews to amazon.com borders.com barnsandnoble.com chapters.ca And there are even more places, I'm sure. His book has really caught on, and is quite popular.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
I haven't heard of it but, it sounds very good. I was in high school when the war in Bosnia really started making the news. I've heard awful stories about what went on there.
I am the same age as Savo's younger sister Sanja. She and I were born in 1982, and Savo was born in 1980, I believe. When I think of my life in 1992-1995, it's hard to believe what they were going through, at the same age, and two years older. It's a really good book.