Should the legal age be increase

@cwong77 (2011)
Malaysia
During our parents era, they are being asked to work and earn a living while on their studies, some of them don't even get a chance to attend school. However, their maturity is high, and the legal age then was like 18 years old as they have considered able to take care of a family on their own. And during my era, we are being asked to at least finish secondary school in order to get a better job, and some of us started a family as young as 20s. Now, with the current era, children are being provided til Universities, and some how the maturity level also getting lower. Do you think the legal age should be increase from 18 to older age?
@busky5 (3166)
• Thailand
I think it is not increase the legal age to work.I don't think working bad for the children to do.Some children when have woring,they are more responsibility and thinking alike adults.I would not give the government reduce the age to work but forcing legal education should graduate at least college instead.LEARNING AND WORKING TOGETHER.
@cwong77 (2011)
busky5, I agree with you on this too.. kids are to learn and work at the same time as then it could make it a better living for the children. They are now all being overly pampered by 'guilty' parents with the 'material' as the parents have hardly spend time with them.
@submerryn (1304)
It's nice to think of increasing the legal age as we are all above it already. But can you imagine being a teenage who is almost 18 and found out that they have increased the legal age? That will only make them rebel more. I think the legal age is just a matter of mind. People will do what they want to do. Dont we all had at least once or twice try to do something when we were younger that we were not allowed to do at that time? Stolen sweets are sweeter. Increasing the legal age will only cause more havoc in the system. :)
@cwong77 (2011)
submerryn, you are right, but then at our age, I think we have better judgement of what to do, and what not to do ya.. :)