What do the colored stars stand for?

@eileenleyva (10964)
I have to admit I am slow in learning the nitty-gritty details about computers. Yes, mylot, too. I have a red star beside my identification. I do not know what it stands for. And the other colors, too. Please, anybody, tell me.
@akuler (3539)
Hi eileenleyva, Actually the color of the star and the number inside it show how other mylotter member rated your response. Every star number have a different color. The highest is 10. If your response have a + rated your star will be higher and if your response rated as - then your star will be lowered. I don't know if the star have anything to our earning here. Some member said that the higher your star, the more you can earn from every response. But some said not related. Happy mylotting and have a nice day.
@eileenleyva (10964)
And thanks to you, too, akuler.
@rosekiss (30268)
• Eugene, Oregon
It is yoru reputation in mylot. 1 being the lowest, and 10, being the highest. It means that other users have given you positive ratings fro your respoonses to discussons. You just need to coninue doing what you have been doing, and possibly your ratings will go up. Mine started at a 3 when I first got my star, and then all of a sudden it shot up and I am happy about that, as it makes me feel good that users thought enough of my respones to rate them positive. Just stay away from controversial discussions though, as that will make your ratings go down. I stay away from those myself. I just abasically post in the same ones everyday. That way, I can avoid controversy. Good luck toyou and happy mylotting.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Yes, the controversial issues could really get heartbreaking. I felt down when somebody deliberately changed the point of discussion and became personal. Thanks.