What cause would you stand for?

@mimpi1911 (25455)
We are sensitive people and we all have our priorities when it comes to demonstrate or support a cause. What cause you really would stand for? What makes you feel disgusted and push you to stand up with it? Thanks.
@James72 (26832)
Child abuse and animal cruelty makes my blood boil. If I were to get involved with any causes, these two would defintely be my first priorities because children and animals can't fully fend for themselves when it comes to cruel and twisted people. I used to be quite active raising awareness about the plight of tigers when I was younger, but I'm sorry to say that my focus there lapsed.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
I am greatly concerned about the two causes as well. The poaching of royal Bengal tigers has been rampant and too little is being done to ensure their safety. Only a handful are left and I am saddened by the manner government's role has been.
@James72 (26832)
I was reading only a few weeks ago that in the late 1800's there were well over half a million tigers in the wild. Today there are said to be less than 10,000. A time will come sooner rather than later where the only place you'll be able to see one is in a zoo. It's absolutely disgusting and governments need to not only get tougher on poachers, they also need to offer them alternative incentives and sources of income.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
I agree James. We are busy bashing people without realising that its important that we try to reinstate their livelihood by proper, legal means. We must think of alternative settlements. Here are some pictures that i just posted elsewhere: http://www.associatedcontent.com/slideshow/23502/my_day_out_at_the_animal_park.html?cat=74#comment
@PeacefulWmn9 (10425)
Hello Mim...children have a very special place in my heart, and anything that would protect them from harm, poverty, or abuse I would, and have, stood up for unequivocally! Karen
@mimpi1911 (25455)
The suffering of the children are unbearable and I do join you in this cause of yours Karen.
@Angelgirl16 (2177)
Hi, I am passionate about the plights of children. I believe that children are innocent gifts from God and any abuser should be sent to prison for life without any major privileges, that is just my opinion. I donate funds to St. Jude foundation, supporting the fight of cancer in children, I also donate to Feed the Children foundation that supplies food and fresh water to hungry chidren all over the world. I am in favor of the "Amber Alert," posting Child molesters' profiles on the internet and many other associations with protecting children.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
you are so beautiful! I really appreciate your thoughts and how proactive you are about those. Child abuse is horrific and we need more people like you. I do want to join you in as much way as possible. Blessed be.
@subha12 (18463)
There are many times, the situation may not be affecting me directly. But i can't withstand the way the situation is taking place. I protest then. Plus when our political parties and all, help general people to ransom when they want, the way the want for their own advantage, i protest.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
Cannot agree more with you Subha. Situation is nearly out of control.
Many of the issues mentioned here I find disturbing, unsettling, frightening and totally beyond eliminating in our lifetime or our childrens lifetime. Battered women and kids; abducted children, teens and young adults for the purpose of flesh trafficking; abused pets and the list goes on and on. Mankinds capacity for committing atrocities is staggering. But I guess the only answer is to do whatever we can in anyway that we can. 'Passing the buck' and doing absolutely nothing only helps these cancers to spread. I hate to say this but 'men' are at the heart of a lot of these issues. Hmmm, 'food for thought'...
@mimpi1911 (25455)
We do not have to search around to get angry these days and the last point , the root of all evils, is just so gross.
@JenInTN (27568)
Abuse of the elderly. That and children are soft spots with me. I cannot look over it. I will not walk by it.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
I really appreciate Jenin. These would be on my list as well. Both elderly people and children are insecure and we must ensure their safety and good living. Thanks.
So sorry dear mimpi for my late attending to your lecture room...hahaha!(after 18 hours ago) because today the bus that I always commute, workers holding strike. OK back to your question. What cause would you stand for? So far, when I felt my life principle and property threatened and able to slides me to no value at all. Normally, at instance I used life physics theory for every action there must be reaction. My reaction must ensure that I am on gainer side and I am not looking for to be a winner. A gainer means obtaining full scale of advantages and all of its beneficial value. I must stand with my clear motive in getting strong objectives. It is a common phenomenon, community applied "Life is short". To make new different be out of common or ordinary, I have to fully utilize the meaning of "short" in that saying sentence. Make it "beautiful" - Life is beautiful. I'll standalone although 1million people or mind against me. That is the beautiful mine. That is why I love very much watching my evergreen movie - A Beautiful Mind, features how to standalone.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
Life is beautiful and you give more meaning to live Michael. Life becomes beautiful with your motive and I wish to imbibe your philosophy (physics theory) in my living pattern as well. Your thoughts make me realise how petty life I have been living!
@paula27661 (15900)
I abhor cruelty to animals and I will go to great lengths to ensure that any creatures great and small that I come across are taken care of. It is something that I have always felt very strongly about ever since I was a child. When we lived in Italy my dad had a workshop with a courtyard which was home to many cats; I used to take care of babies that had been rejected by their mother and any injured ones; I actually managed to save a few! I love animals; they need us to look after them and that is something I definitely feel very strongly about.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
You are so sweet! I think love for animals is instinctive and must come from within. You knew that that is what you want to do since your childhood.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hi mimpi! Well, the cause that I would stand up for and demonstrate for is any type of animal abuse! I am an avid animal lover and can't stand to see or hear about any type of animal being hurt in any way! So I would do anything that I could to help! I have donated money, signed petitions, written letters, and would do whatever else I could to help stop any type of animal abuse! And if I could I would adopt every homeless animal I could, even though that is impossible it breaks my heart to even see one stray animal on the street or in a shelter! So if anyone here can help the abused animals or stray animals by contributing, please do! Thank you, Opal
@mimpi1911 (25455)
You are such a beautiful person! Animals abuse is most gross and done by sick people. Nothing like caring for animals, caressing and sheltering them. you are doing a great job Opal. Love you.
@drannhh (14999)
I usually stand up for things where someone else is being treated unfairly by someone bigger and stronger, but dumber, than the victim. I don't like unfairness, and too often feel a moral responsibility to stand up for the underdog.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
I feel strongly for this cause aswell. I hate unfairness and try to protest it whenever and wherever I can. Thanks.
@mayka123 (9549)
I think I would stand for violence against children especially the girl child. Very often the girls in families are abused in different ways and they cannot do anything against it. If I ever came to know of any child being harrassed in the family I would definitely try and fight for her.
@mimpi1911 (25455)
It feels sad to see the little girls being exploited and made to do derogatory stuffs. Girl child is still considered curse in some parts of our country. It feels sad.
@alokn99 (5718)
There are a few that i feel very strongly and would stand for range from from the environment, childrens health and child labour, abolishing some age old customs that we have here, human rights and cruelty . The one thing however which has made me stand up before and gets me going is a cause for peace and harmony. Violence, bloodshed and destruction all in the name of religious, ethnic and social divide has something which i have been against always and would do my bit in promoting peace and harmony. Our world would be such a beautiful place to live in if we all learnt to live together in peace. And what about you Mimpi ?
@mimpi1911 (25455)
You have hit the nail ion the right spot Alok. "Peace and harmony" could change the society unwinding all the malicious practises. We cannot have peace and harmony without having our children giving home, safety and love, we cannot have it without ensuring the seniors respect, reliability and assurance, nor could we have it without loving each other! Thanks.