my ISP is so bad

I signed up for a new internet service provider but it is starting to get into my nerves because it oftenly has no signal. I don't know what the problem is. I am not a "techie" person so I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me on this? I tried calling the customer service but i they are telling me jargons i can't understand..help pls.. Thanks in advance.
@ausgc21 (340)
First of all, how do you connect to the Internet? Is it dial-up, ADSL, cable, wireless or something else? Whe you say you have no signal; do you have a wireless Internet, or do you just connect through wireless router connected to a wired modem? If you have wireless Internet and you cannot pickup signal, that's probably either; the wireless card or wireless receiver device connected to your PC is not good enough and you need a newer one, or simply becuase the signal coverage of your ISP is not good in your area and you probably have to change it to a different ISP (i.e. move to a new contract or different company). If you are connecting through wireless router, try connection your PC directly to the modem with Ethernet cable. If it gets better, definitely something is wrong with your router. If it doesn't change, again, the coverage of Internet in your area is probably bad so you might wanna move onto a new ISP. G'luk.
DSL cable router
@ausgc21 (340)
OK, so the modem is wired with the router, and your PC is picking up wireless signal from the router to connect to the Internet right? Then try connecting your computer directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. If it makes the connection better, there must be something wrong with communication between your PC and the router. Call up the customer support for the router, not the ISP. If it's still the same, remove the router and try connecting your PC directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable. If that makes the connection better, there must be something wrong with the router. Again, call up the customer support for the router. Even that doesn't work, it must be the ISP's fault. In that case, there ain't much you can do... simply gotta keep on complaining until they bother to make the service better, or switch to another ISP.
@kmaram (2535)
Hello there, sorry to hear that. Anyway, what is your ISP maybe you should go directly to their office if you can't understand communicating in the phone. I am so glad that my ISP was doing well even now we are facing too much rain for two days already but my connection was just fine. And i am happy because if i experiencing any problem regarding my connection i am only 7 numbers away to keep in touch with them. And they really fix my problem, i hope your problem will be fix as soon as possible, enjoy being here in mylot. Goodluck in all your doings.
thanks! yes, maybe because of the rain..
You haven't specified anything. Just that there is often no connection. With just all that, I can just tell that either the wire is not connected properly or there is really no signal at your place. Was it always like that ? Or is it recently that that this is happening ?