what house hold chores do you like the best, & which ones do you hate the worse

We are always trying to make our household chores easier and easier...we don't have to iron as much, and we are now enjoying the idea of letting our dishes drip dry (which was one thing my mother would never have approved of, and sometimes we don't even make our beds during the week. Microwaves and slow cookers are wonderful, to keep you away from the hot kitchens, and dishwashers are wonderful. But unfortunately, there are still chores we need to get done...which ones do you hate more, or like more? Just to give you some ideas... 1. ironing 2. dusting 3. vacuuming 4. drymopping/sweeping 5. stripping the bed 6. cooking 7. hanging out clothes to dry 8. doing a washing 9. emptying the rubbish 10.washing the floors 11.cleaning the refrigerator
@vingyan06 (2489)
I have to do household chores everyday because I don't have any maid at home. My husband seldom help me though and my 2 kids always make the house to the most messy way. They sometimes really drive me crazy. But still I have to do it rather than nagging on them. The housework that I like most is sweeping and mopping. I like the floor looks clean and shinny after cleaning. Then I feel comfortable while walking on the floor, my kids too can play and sit or lie down on the floor. Hence I clean my floor by sweeping and mopping for twice a day. I hate washing dishes. I hate oily dishes and every time stand still near the sink washing dishes will sure cause back ache for me. More ever my hands turn out to be very dry after washing the dishes .
I know what you mean about wanting clean floors. If the floors are cleaned, and the rugs are vacuumed, then I am the happiest. Washing dishes is the most boring job, because it seems like we have dishes in the sink all the time. Thank you for responding.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I used to love my washing machine, I worshipped the little piece of floor it covered, I idolized it and it was my best friend and I loved him to bits! Crazy? Probably but after years and years of having to go to the launderette to wash my clothes or even do them in the sink, having a washing machine was a dream come true, I would love washing clothes and I love hanging them out in the garden knowing they would smell lovely! The thing I hate is ironing! I can't iron for toffee, I refuse to iron, I buy clothes that don't need ironing or I can get away with hanging them up. I don't iron simple! I refuse point blank. If I need anything ironing I have always been fortunate that someone has done it for me. Anything else is fine, but ironing NO NO NO!
lol..You had me laughing out loud on this one. I remember the days that I had to go to the laundrymat too....the most horrible thing in the world. And, yes, I certainly hate ironing, which I also rarely do. However, to get around it, I only iron what I need to iron for the clothes I need that day. I just put a towel on my table, and iron it from there. And of course, not everything needs ironing, if you have a dryer.
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi Sweetchariot, well apart from seeing to the laundry which is easy I have to say all of the above, I loathe housework, it all seems so pointless, as soon as it's done it has to be done again. I do enjoy cooking though except I wish I didn't have to do it all the time, that's not a problem though, but it's the washing up afterwards. At the moment all these chores are made ten times harder as it is so hot, one little job done and then collapse onto cold tiled floor ready to regain energy to do the next thing on the list. Which reminds me that still have to do the ironing tomorrow which I should have done today, oh jolly times ahead.
@jessi0887 (2794)
I would have to say my favorite thing to do is laundry. Its so simple. As for what I hate the most would be cleaning the toilet. Just a nasty chore I dislike.
Yes, you are so right...cleaning the darn toilets...EECH...I am usually forced to when I see the ring around it...Gross!... I also hate cleaning the wastebasket, that's up there with the toilet. Thanks for responding.
least favorite would be ironing, dusting- i'm allergic to dust mites- and vaccuming. sweeping and mopping are my favorite. I hate cleaning out the refigerator. I'm allergic to mold.
Cleaning the refrigerator - EECH - that is a horrible job, I wish they would come out with something that is self cleaning like they do now for stoves..lol
Sweetchariot, Hey there! I just discovered this discussion of yours and noticed the recent refrigerator replies, so I felt compelled to also respond. While it seems I am "allergic" to most other household chores ... keeping my fridge cleaned out, appears to be one of the few household endeavors where I do occasionally excel; save for a few empty cottage cheese containers which I sometimes might allow to linger longer than perhaps they should, because they ARE reusable, at least in the microwave or for leftovers. But any extra ones of mine usually find a way of eventually disappearing on their own, come my next garbage pickup day! However as you mentioned in your most recent reply to crysontherocks77, about the products that "self clean" not only one's toilet but also the oven, yes it would be a great idea if someone came up with a product to also be self cleaning for one's refrigerator. If anyone ever does, I would so love to suggest a name for the product, so hence my reply. The product should be called "Mikey"... or Mikey 101... hehehe... because as most of us familiar with Life cereal commercials remember, he'll eat anything!!! *wanting to insert a grin here*... Take care, firefox333
Yeah that would be nice and a name to remember it by would be even better. name brands are what sales the products. lol:)
I quite enjoy doing the dusting and hoovering as I am a bit of a freak when it comes to having clean surfaces and floors, probably because I like minimalism and so dirt on the carpet is very visible. The chore I hate the most is the ironing, I don't mind doing the washing but the ironing is something I always try to put off. In fact as I spend my time working from home a lot of my day to day clothes are chosen for the reason that they don't need ironing.
I love to see clean rugs, but I am blind to the dust...I hate dusting...which is why I have very little nicknacks in my house. I only iron what I am wearing for the day, so It's not too bad.
I equally disdain all household tasks. Since I live alone that IS possibly a good thing for others as THEY don't have to live under my roof? *lol* I do usually try to attend to things that need doing, even if it is after they should have already been done and then some... I am a "Martha maybe" she always offers great ideas, I am just already WAY too disorganized to attempt to maintain her level of household correctness. However, I AM such a "Monica wannabe"... *wants to smile sweetly and wonders*... if anyone else remembers that Friends show where Monica was SO disgruntled with/about a girl her brother Ross was dating (and HER untidy, nasty habits) that THE Monica showed up on said/whatever the girl's name was doorstep with a cleaning bucket and offered to help? *lol* That was SO cute! Take care, firefox333
"Friends" was a great show, but unfortunately I didn't see half of them, so apparently I missed the one you're talking about...but I didn like Monica. I can be a clean freak some days...I do vacuum everyday because I can't stand lint on the floor, and I hate clutter...my dinning room table has to be clear of all things, and hate it when someone puts something on it. Actually the appearance of my house when someone walks in is what I try to maintain every day; however, don't open up my draws, or my closets, because then you will see the real me.
@Spontaneo (1392)
LOL Completely hilarious! Don't you wish crockpots self-cleaned?