I GOT ACCEPTED! I hope this is a sign.....

@dloveli (4369)
As I have stated I have been unemployed since Msy. Thanks to my fiance, I have been able to keep the bills up. However, as far as anything else goes I have had to sacrifice all extras. I barely have money for the necessities. I have been so depressed and felt like giving up. At last I finally got a little bit of good news. I got accepted in record time I might add, to cosmetology school. I have always wanted to do this and because of my daughters illness, have never been able to. I wanted to share my good news with all my friends at myLot first. I GOT IN GUYS! I DID IT! I AM SO HAPPY! If it wasnt for you guys I wouldnt have been able to have the nerve to try. THANKS FRIENDS! I DID IT! dl PS. If anyone needs a cut, color, rinse etc. I GOT YOU! Just let me know!
• Marion, Kansas
Hey, I will drive right there and patronize your business. Did you get loans or grants to cover the fees? Good luck dear.
@dloveli (4369)
Gerty I am going to hold you to that!lol I just checked to make sure you lived within driving distance. I see it is possible. If you come I will give you a whole makeover. You probably dont need one but it would be an excuse for me to finally meet you. I can try right? Thanks for your well wishes. I got financial aid some and my fiance paid the rest. He is wonderful! dl
• Marion, Kansas
Kansas to Massachusetts is a ways,but we tend to get that way occasionally.When do you graduate? How long is the school?
@savypat (20247)
I wish you lived near me, I am so happy for you, I always wanted to do this and it just never worked out so you can go in my place and enjoy, hope you are very successful.
@dloveli (4369)
You're making me cry Savy! That is the nicest thing anyone could say to me. When I graduate, I will let u know. As soon as I can, I will come to you. I have always wanted to live where you do. I think living in the midwest would be awesome. I will come and give you the works. I am doing it for us now Savypat! If its okay I will notify you of my progress. Happy Mylotting.dl
@savypat (20247)
I will be happy to hear of your progress, I may even come up with an encouraging word when needed. If you want to see me you will have to come all the way to the Northwest.
hey congrats:) i'm all set for hair right now,but i'll keep it in mind :)
@dloveli (4369)
Thanks for the well wishes. The offer stands anytime my friend dl
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
That's wonderful! Getting back to school and finally being able to do the studies you've allways wanted to do is absolutely wonderful news. My boyfriend has been unemployed for about a half year and he had a hard time being turned down at interviews and not having any money of his own. We managed to get by, just like in your story, but no extra's. Fortunatly he has been accepted to go back to school and learn how to be a warehouse employee. He will work 24 hours a week and go to school 1 day a week; I am so happy for him. Good luck with your studies, enjoy them!
@dloveli (4369)
I am happy for me but I am ecstatic for you. Its been along road for you and your boyfriend. Its a blessing for sure. I can totally understand every feeling you have experienced during this difficult time. I am just glad to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Congratulations on you and your husbands future endeavors. Happy MyLotting dl
@skysuccess (8882)
dloveli, There's an old saying that goes: “Tough times are there so you can have a good time later on-- and really appreciate it!” I am so glad that your persistence has really paid you dividends here. Congratulations! Kudos, for sticking your neck out all the way here. I hope that you will grow from this experience and that you will remember to remind yourself on your next encounter in life. In conclusion, I'd just like to encourage you with the words of Robert H. Schuller where he said: “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” Take care and have a nice day.
@dloveli (4369)
I am touched at the response you have given. Just for me. I have made a note of the sayings you used so beautifully to emphasize your point. You are clearly a master writer. I have been so stressed lately. It is so nice to know that I have the support of people who really mean it. Its up to the myLotter to decide what he/she wants to respond to. I am so lucky you chose me. Thanks so much. You are truly inspirational. dl
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
That sounds wonderful I am glad that you got accepted into cosmetology school. My mother and father both are hair stylists. My father went to barber school years ago and my mother to a hair stylist school. Years ago so far they have both done pretty well with it. I never did want to be a hair stylist. I guess because I get frustrated with my own hair.
@dloveli (4369)
Thank you Shaun its nice to know that I have people rooting for me. I can see why you dont want to be in the same field as both of your parents. It all you've known since you were a child. You want to get as far away as possible. It must have been nice to get your hair done for free. I cant wait for that part. thanks for the well wishes. dl
@Lakota12 (42684)
Well WTG!! congrat! so happy for you and you do deserve a break,
That is terrific! What wonderful news. When do you start school? The daughter of my parent's neighbor went to cosmetology school. She loves her job.
Congratulations! Glad to hear it. You deserve that chance. You will be fabulous.
@Riptide (2761)
Congratulations! I'm very glad that things are looking up for you and that you are going to be able to do the work that you want to do. It can only get better from here on!
@Shery32 (424)
• Saudi Arabia
Congs. Dloveli that's a great news, wish you all the best of luck
@dloveli (4369)
Thanks Shery! I am a bit nervous but I think it'll be okay. If you ever need your hair done, Im your girl! Plus I would enjoy meeting a fellow myLotter. I see you're new here. If you need anything let me know. dl
@Savvynlady (3686)
Although I just saw this, I am really happy for you; I pray all works out well for you and in time, you'll be back on the saddle again. Wishing you the absolute best in this.
That is wonderful news! I wish you all the best in your endeavor. You made a good career choice, even in a bad economy people still want to look GOOD, so the beauty industry is almost recession proof. Congratulations.
hi dloveli GOOD FOR YOU HURRAH I AM PROUD OF YOU TOO. I am glad mylotters gave you the nerve to try and you will be really successful because its something you really wanted to do.We need all the good cosmetologists we can get. the lady here who does our hair is not worth the money we pay her.she cut my hair longer on one side than on the other. most good ones would never do that, and 'I know you are going to be one of the best.so hang in there.