Do you still lay mats and sleep on the floor?

@eileenleyva (10964)
Time was, despite the bunk beds, families unroll or unfold their huge mats and sleep on the floor together. I kinda like sleeping on mats even while watching films with my family. Do you still like the hardness of the floor and sleep on it?
@daliaj (5689)
I still stay in mats at home. I feel it is very comfortable compared to staying in big foam beds. Now, I live in a hostel and many days I sleep on floor. I like this because it is very hot in my room and sleeping on floor helps me to get fan wind easily and it is less hot on floor compared to bed. So, I prefer it.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Do you know that the Japanese also sleep on the floor. The traditional Japanese lay futong on their floor and sleep on it. In winter the cold could get very bitter.
@tomjoad (551)
i like lying in a mat when out on a picnic. however, i can't remember ever doing that at home. me, my siblings, and my parents have separate rooms. when we watch tv, we sit on the couch. i can't even remember the last time i slept on a mat. i think it was when i was applying for an NGO and as part of the training i lived with a very poor family in a mountainous area. it was such a great experience. lying on a bamboo floor is much more comfortable than lying on a cemented cold floor. anyway, my point is that sleeping or sitting on the floor is not the culture in my family. :-)
@eileenleyva (10964)
I also bought a "langkapi" or bamboo bed. It's good for afternoon naps. Now tomjoad you made me crave for a picnic!
@kevchua (1004)
Though I've a comfortable bed, I'd sleep on a weaved mat on the floor. This is more comfortable and cooler especially in tropical climates. However, it is not good to sleep on bare floor as the coldness of the floor would get into your bones, and eventually you'd have backache and other illnesses as you get older.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Yehey, now there's three of us. My floor in the upstairs room is made of wood. But I know what you mean. I once spread a comforter on the tiled floor downstairs and had my good night's sleep there. My back ached by morning. It wasn't a good night sleep after all. Sigh!
@akuler (3539)
Hi eileenleyva, I prefer to sleep on the floor since it is more convenience and I can sleep any where I like it. But most of the time is a the front t.v. Sometime I feel to lazy to get up and go to bed. I also like to sleep under the fan especially during a hot night. Happy mylotting and have a nice day.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Yehey! I am not alone! Come to think of it, sleeping on the floor is therapeutic. We won't get scoliosis.