How to find a biography?

@bunnybon7 (37703)
Holiday, Florida
Iam such a book hound that i actually tend to read books that i particularly liked years after Lately i've gotten back to reading more as i go outside to smoke here at my sons and to cut the boredome, I read. in the 60's and 70's i read some books, series that i loved. one was Angelique. Angelique and the King,/in Barbary/and the ghost/and the demon/etc. 9 books of that of which i've looked up, rebought on the internet, and reread. I have been able to find the lady that wrote them's bio on the internet. in fact, shes quite elderly now. anyway getting to my original question i need to ask. Lance Horner. Kyle Onstott. Many people did not care for their works but i do. have started collecting to reread and have already read over some of theirs. I have a tendency to want to know about the life of authors i enjoy. but have not been able to find anything on the internet about their lives. tried every search i know including Wikepedia,google, etc. cant find anything?? anyone know how i can? maybe a special search engine?
I found a 619 word insert in a book on Contemporary Authors at this link: http://www.amazon.com/Contemporary-Authors-Biography-Onstott-1887-1966/dp/B0007SEADS Hope that helps. I just put in biography of and the name.
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
thats great. i'll go look. i just kept getting all the books lists and i know them
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
well guess what. i still couldnt find his actual bio, or a way to get this book their speaking of.
Why not? If you can't get it there check online for other places that might sell it. Are you in the US?
@kiiizu (1901)
• Estonia
Sorry to say but I very much believe you'll never find a proper biography of them... because it is not written yet, and hardly ever will. I'm speaking from my own experiences - in my private life I am a librarian, who is working on an online catalogue. I have to find every name change of an author, no matter is it a person or an organization, and to create an authority record to bring them together. That way everyone who is searching for this author can find ALL his/her books, no matter which pseudonym he/she used. For example, Nora Roberts, who also has used the pseudonym J.D. Robb (and others!), and her real name through her life has been Eleanor Marie Robertson and Eleanor Wilder. Such kind of stuff. Most of the times when I have to search for an author of a detetective story, a love story, or a mystery there is absolutely impossible to find any data about him/her. Different (scientific!) libraries are providing different data, or there are no data at all... Anyway, I wish you luck. Perhaps you manage to find out enough to write their biographies yourself?
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
oh i wish but i would likely have to travel, which iam unable to do now. they seem to be from Louisiana or alabama. maybe even from some of the foriegn places i've been reading about in their books. like Scotland or Africa? hhhmmm.
@kiiizu (1901)
• Estonia
Thank you a lot for BR
@dragon54u (31638)
I devoured the Angelique books! I loved that series! Although I often thought she was pig-headed and made a lot of her own misfortunes, lost love, etc., I loved the character and her adventures. You're right, there's not much on those other two. I don't think I ever read Mandingo although I saw it in the library a lot. I also like to know about the authors I like. I've followed Stephen King for years and years and was looking at his picture on a recent book jacket the other day, thinking he's aging pretty well--he's growing into his features and will be a handsome old man. Dean Koontz, the king of horror in my opinion, hasn't changed a bit. That's rather spooky, but entirely appropriate!
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
oh yes. i've read absolutely everything i can about these guys. Stephen is my age and most everything he writes i can identify with. i'd marry that man in a minute if ever i had the opportunity. but alas, he loves his wife dearly and i'll never meet him
@catdla1 (6005)
Both of the authors you mentioned seem to be from the UK? I love British fiction as well. One site I have found to be helpful in tracking down other things that they've written is (INFORMATION ONLY): http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ It's not easy finding biographical information, frequently authors write under an alias. I have found that to be particularly true with British authors.
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
i never thought of that. i did assume they would bring up even UK authors but maybe not. thanks i'll try that site.
@ElicBxn (60894)
oh, I had a friend who loved those Angelique books and so I read them, well most of them anyway. I can't say I loved them, but I didn't hate them either. Give me a juicy fantasy any time - at the time I was just out of college, and reading the Tolkien ring trilogy, and those books, one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom and one on breaks/lunch at work. Pretty much as I finished the one in the bedroom, the bathroom one migrated in there to be finished and another book was started in the bathroom. I alternated between Angelique and Lord of the Ring books - so I read 4 Angeliques around the 3 Ring books. Couldn't tell you want I read after them, too many years and miles since then.
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
about the Angelique books. theres actually a yahoo group for her fans. i've learned all about her life. when the books were first published they were under Sergeanne Golon. which was said to be a married couple. they were but she made/wrote the books in France. her husbands name was added so they would sell. she is actually Anne Golon. in her 90's now. see, i love knowing all this about her.
Hi bunnybon7, I haven't been rading for a very long time now, its the computer that keeps me away from books and yet at one time, I was addicted to reading and my house is full of books. The reason why you are not finding information about the authors is maybe they don't want it to be known or they write their books on alias names. I may be wrong, its a thought. Hugs. Tamara
@bunnybon7 (37703)
• Holiday, Florida
at this point iam thinking you are very much right my friend. probably not even their names at all i just have this awful push for knowledge about so many authors that i like.