There has to be something wrong

This is what my friend says to me. I met a sweet man and he is married. He is my neighbor as well. He made me dinner and it was great. I was at his house and my nerves were all about the place. trust me I already know the wrongs in being with a married man. I am not asking for your opinion here. he talked to his wife on the phone, while I sat in there dining room. They sound so happy and in love. But,there is something wrong there. Why can't a married man just talk to his wife? I have been cheated on in the past I know the pain. I also know if it's broke someone will get hurt. I would hate to be in her shoes. That food was out of this world good. can you imagine finding out your husband dined the next woman in your house while you worked?
@sblossom (2170)
i can't totally understand the man, but as i know there are really different realationship btween husband and wife. maybe we have one simple pricipal about how to be a wife or husband, but another couple has different idea about it. I just can't accept cheating in any relationship including the relationship between wife and husband. Believe in your feeling. Sometimes it's very correct.
Thanks very much
I'm blur my friend. You say you are not asking opinion, but you asked questions like: Why can't a married man just talk to his wife? Can you imagine finding out your husband dined the next woman in your house while you worked? There has to be something wrong. Definitely there is/are. Your friend should not accept an invitation from a married man in his own house. Even if you say the food is good. lols! Seems there is infidelity brewing on the scenario you've presented to us. Don't let your friend lured with such sweet things offered by a man (especially a married man). She must know which is right or wrong and what she did was no ordinary thing. And since she is your friend, advice her to keep distance from such guy for temptations might strike anytime she will be with that cheating guy.
I was the friend who had dinner with him. My statement about the opinions were fro those who will feel the need to jump on my back. The question I asked was what I wanted answered. I like your response as it is 100% true. Thanks very much.
@cher913 (25890)
well, it wouldnt bother me actually. i would wonder what he is doing but i know he loves me and would never cheat on me, so i wouldnt have to worry about that. i am kind of wondering why you accepted to have dinner with him in the first place?
I am wondering the very same thing. I find it could have something to do with this low place I am in personally. Thanks for the honesty I respect that.
Maybe he's just being friendly? what's wrong with that? Did he tell his wife that he's dining with another woman which is his friend?? if not then there's something wrong alright. maybe he's just want to win your friendship, probably wants you to be his best friend of something.
No we are not talking about being friends at this time.
Now you said, you know what it feels like to be cheated on. So imagine being in her position right now. The wife that has no clue her husband is entertaining someone else. It also can blow up into something you may not be ready to handle. ou shouldn't have accepted the dinner invitation unless it was dinner with both of them. What you're feeling right now is guilt & that alone is a sign that you should be running in the opposite direction.
I have so many signs telling me to run backwards. I also have the heart in my chest telling me to stay. Somehow knowing right from wrong does not help me out with this one.
@natnickeep (2340)
Well I don't think that this is something any wife would want to imagine. If I found out I think I would be kicking his a** and having a little neighborly talk with her, or in this case you. It seems as if in a way you were looking for at least one comment permitting this. A little something to ease your guilt. I do believe it has something to do with like you said the low point you are in your life right now. So pick your self up, find some self esteem, quit settling for being the other woman. Just be honest with him, tell him when he gets a divorce you will make him dinner. Good luck!!
LOL Your so right about the dinner part. I know in my heart he won't get one. It would have to be her. They live separate lives now and it is perfectly fine with him. I don't know the whole story. Like you may have thought already I am going to take it one day at a time. I love my new stereo he bought me. Thanks very much for the awesome response.
@swirlz (3138)
Hmm, if you're feeling guilty about it, but still want to taste the food, how about next time, both of your families would go have a picnic or something? That way, it wouldn't seem like a date.
I don't know his wife at all. I also would not smile in her face and be with her husband. That to me would be like cutting her with a knife. If I walk away from him tomorrow she will never know me. Thanks for the awesome honesty.
@swirlz (3138)
You're not inlove with him, are you? I guess it's just okay to be friendly with neighbors. Just not meeting in private though.
@reinydawn (11649)
That's not totally weird... You can be a friend only, there's nothing wrong with that. If their schedules are very different and they can't dine together, then there's not really much wrong with him dining with a friend. If you don't know this couple very well though, I'd keep an eye out for any moves he might make...
@dmrone (751)
Hi! No i really could not imagine my husband dined with another woman. I know with my first husband i could have seen it happen with him. not the one i am married to now. We made an agreement before we ever said our i dos. If he found someone other than me that he wanted he could tell me and then leave, and the same went for me. I am happy with him, and so far there have been no other women for him. Not perfect, i know but it works for us.