Do you remeber back when we had no air conditioner

How many of you have a air conditioner? How many of you can live with out one? I remeber, When I was younger, A child! we did not have air conditioners. we did not even have air conditioned cars. Can you live like that again? Every thing had to be ironed and mothers used cloth daipers on their babies any way can you live like that again? Can you add any thing else you can remember of the olden days? I would love to hear from every one.
@ryzach (1546)
Oh yeah I remember, we used to ride with the windows down in the summer because of no air conditioner in the cars. Also I can remember no seat belts in the cars and no requirement to wear them either. We are about the same age! No cell phones, many more telephone booths(hard to find a phone booth nowadays) 10 cents for a phone call, propellers on planes, black and white tv, stereo consoles, no computers, adding machines - no calculators, standard typewriters and electric typewriters(remember trying to get the paper straight ????) I also remember my mom ironing, she even used to iron the sheets and pillow cases - uggggggghhhhh. My most dreaded chore!
Just wondering if people today could live like we lived then you sure would save alot of money in all areas
Hello my friend imgrandma12 Ji, So nice of you. I just responded to similar discussion in different form. I wish to copy and paste my same views here. "WE North Indians can live without A/C upto even 50 deg Centigrade temerature. Our body would not burn. Even now temerature in this part of world is much higher. Life has not come to stand still and remain inside the houses. Normal work keep going. One does not know, how much our body can resist. God is great. My house is not air conditioned but it is nature-cooled. We live happily and totally save A/C Bill. " Further, we lived without TV/Telephone/cell phones and yet many to be added to your list. May God bless You and have a great time.
@shakil8 (407)
well i have air conditioner..........but in older time we were not that rich to afford one..........and what i think is its the time which makes us adjust in any condition that we are in soo i guess anyone can live under any circumstances ya there will be some problems but still we have to live lief........so just be happy in any situation and you will make it for sure
@jammyt (2824)
For as long as I remember, we've had an airconditioner. In fact, my mom said I would wake up once the power went out. I also know the feeling of not having one. That was when my dad was out of a job and we had no money. Now that I am earning, with my husband, we really allot money to pay for the electricity because we want our daughter to be really comfortable.