Spin Doctor

Ok, in all areas of politics you see spin doctors. Political parties want to look good, even it means twisting the truth. I caught bits and pieces of Obama's speech last night. It just confirmed something I've always felt Obama is a spin doctor. What do you think? Why?
@KupoSin (680)
i think all politicians are spin doctors, especially the president. they always need to put a twist into words in order to gain public support. remember, the most powerful tool of the president is his ability to persuade the public. it is the public that ultimately runs the country. it is the people that elects our senators and congressmen. if the people support the president, but the senators dont want to do what the people want, then the senators face losing the next reelection.
@iriscot (1290)
There's no question that politicians can be classified as "spin doctors" after all that is how every one of them gets elected. The "spin doctors" of the last administration spun us right into a war that has drained our resources, both military personel and money. So, we need to be very careful when listening to those spin doctors.
I think he is too. How can he possibly think that a NHC plan that will cost the American people so much money is worth it. But, it was a huge deal in this past election and so now he is trying to do it. Trying to put a spin on it that makes it sound so good, and all you have to do is look at it to know that it isn't what this country needs right now. I had a girl who was working for me, and she was so excited because she had voted in a man that she just knew was going to provide free health care to all Americans and she wouldn't have to pay a penny for it! I tried to tell her she was wrong, but she was convinced of that during all the election stuff. Sad that he could convince people of that.
@iriscot (1290)
happyness3... Were you paying for this girl's health insurance or was she without insurance. That would probably make a difference whether she voted for Obama or not.
@anniepa (27246)
President Obama never promised "free" health care to anyone so anyone who thought they heard that is sadly mistaken but it's not his fault because he never tried to convince anyone of that. Annie
He said everyone will have health care have health. The people who are not paying for it now, will not be paying for it later.
@anniepa (27246)
Everyone involved in politics is a spin doctor to some extent, some more so than others. I've read more in this discussion that came from "spin doctors" than I've heard from the President, though. Anyone who says we were promised "free health care for all" has certainly gotten caught up in someone's spin as well as those who say the government is going to take over our health care or that those of us who have insurance will lose it under "Obama's plan" - which, by the way, doesn't exist. The "spin doctors" paid for by the GOP have done their job well but why wouldn't they - the same company that owns the consulting firm hired by the RNC also owns the most profitable insurance giant in the U.S. Annie
@suzzy3 (8365)
I think he is doing a difficult job trying to sort out your health care and I for one admire him.I do feel he is honest and hard working.We are really pleased to see him elected to president.The worst recession since the 1930's but he is in there fighting for the underprivaledged .It is a fact there are a lot of greedy rich people in America who don't give a hoot as long as they can hang onto their enormours weatlth and only want to be surrounded by people like them.They have to learn to share and help others struggling.I do realise there are a lot of generous people in America but more selfish unfortunately.