I am NOT a Limbaugh fan but .....

I do think he was correct in the following except from the article: Limbaugh pointed out that Obama, much like Gates, is hardly a victim. Both men are at the pinnacle of an elite establishment in the United States. “He doesn't know the facts, he wasn't there, he pops off, just exactly as he would back in Chicago in the community organizing days. He goes off about racial profiling, all the rest,” Limbaugh said. “Based on what? A limited amount of information about a single incident where he's quick to condemn the cop, the whole police department, and white America. Mr. President, you are not a victim. You are, in fact, the president of the United States. You went to private school. You went to Ivy League schools. You are a millionaire. You have a charmed life. Congratulations. You're living the American dream. Stop pretending otherwise. If anybody behaved stupidly yesterday it was the president, in even taking the question.” http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/limbaugh_gates_arrest/2009/07/23/239536.html?s=al&promo_code=8406-1 I also would like to add that IMO Obama's remarks had no place during a primetime appearance of the president to give his opinion on Healthcare not use it to stir up racial conflict. Any comments?
@Lakota12 (42794)
I like Rush and I think he puts it out there like it is on most things
I am glad you mentioned "most things." I, too, used to be a fan of Rush until it dawn on me that the man besides being an entertainer is a republican propagandist, who will sometimes let party politics rule, regardless of facts. Rush is alright, if you remember that the man is both entertainer and propagandist.
@Lakota12 (42794)
Nets yup most things not all and I just like the way he talks but he isnt on my tv any moreand really dont care what party he is with I am independent on my thoughts!!
@piasabird (1737)
I understand what you mean by saying that you're not a fan of Limbaugh's BUT ..... I feel pretty much the same way. I am not a fan of his but every once in awhile he does hit the nail on the head. I agree with him in this case. Obama should have kept his mouth shut or just have said that he wasn't there so he has no comment on the situation.
I agree that this is one of time he has nailed it.
@us2owls (1681)
He is not a victim by any means but if he keeps on with his ridiculous governing we are all going to be victims - OF HIM.
Yes and that is a very scary thought!
Our supposedly not black President certainly does not hide his racial leanings well at all, nor does he do his homework well either since he can't answer questions with any sort of sense or relation to facts, and yes that is facts with an s not just one fact. As Limbaugh said the man has had a charmed life as most of the politicians have, I would be willing to bet that few of them have ever had to live paycheck to paycheck or on unemployment checks. As I see it this is a major weakness in our political system, since none of the people running the country really know what it is like for the common people living the less charmed life. How can they make legislation for something they have never experienced, sure people can tell them what it is like, but words do not create the picture like actual experience. Politicians are very adept at throwing out words for all occasions but that does not mean they actually understand the reality, oftentimes they are living an existence that is very far from reality. And I have always found that someone who is very good at throwing out words is also very good at ignoring words they have no desire to hear. Obama was so careful to present himself as not black, and not entangled with any religious groups, yet his words and actions do not back up his political platform. The only thing I have to say is his platform has termites and I dread what damage they will do to our country.
Excellent response! You have really given some real home truths which IMO spells a very bleak future for the common American.
If one listens to everything Obama and his wife have said since he was a presidential candidate, you would think the two of them had been scrubbing floors for a dime for the last 30 years. They paint themselves to be such victims. I will NEVER forget when Michelle said, black America will wake up! That still rings in my ears. Yet, Obama was voted for by many white people. I don't know how many people were NOT offended by that. They should have been and they still should be. If she would have said America will wake up...that would have been fine. But she didn't. You can't tell me that she did not expect white America to be offended. Whites who were not offended, were sleeping and probably still are. She has never apologized for any of her rudness to whites. I am embarrassed that white people would vote for Obama and his wife. It makes our people look pretty ignorant.
• Marion, Kansas
I found myself believing he did not know when to avoid a subject. I did not feel like the venue where he was viewing this opinion was appropriate at all.
@Netsbridge (3243)
True, the president should have focused on his health care. But as you and I very well know, he would have been criticized for not responding to the interviewer regarding the professor Gates' incident. Meanwhile, I do not think that the president is stirring up racial conflict: The conflict is there, whether one admits it or not. We indeed have a big nationwide problem of official misconduct. What I mostly see in this Gates matter is a problem, nationwide problem, with the law enforcement policy that states that "teach them if they (Black or White or Red or etc.) give you a hard time!" Bad law enforcement officers do not care what color you are. The common denominator all their victims have is the ability to think for themselves. These officers just do not like anyone, regardless of race, who dares to question anything! Finally, I truly wish professor Gates had not followed the officers outside, even if they had asked him to! I have slammed my car door to officers after unjustified citations, and on two occasions when they knocked at my window for slamming my door, I simply looked forward or past them! I know there's no state or national law against slamming my door!