Not Good News For Sarah Palin...

@iriscot (1290)
As she leaves office as Governor her poll ratings continue to slip. Could this be the beginning of the end of her political career? A majority of Americans hold an unfavorable opinion of her and the majority of the public doubt that she has the skills that a leader needs to understand complex issues. What say you? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/23/AR2009072303799.html?nav=hcmoduletmv
@piasabird (1737)
She's certainly slipped in my personal view. I had very high hopes for her when she was first chosen by McCain as his running mate. And I think it was horrid what the left did to her and her family. But I wish she'd just have a nice life and go away. I know I'm going to be beaten up by some of my friends on the right but I want someone who can beat Obama in 2012 and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be Palin.
@Taskr36 (13928)
If there were to be an election right now, Romney would be the man to beat Obama. Nobody knows what will happen over the next three years though.
@piasabird (1737)
That is true. And I would have liked to see Romney instead of McCain running against Obama this last election.
@iriscot (1290)
What I read in the polls in that Huckabee is leading, not Romney.
I say what I have said since the media first began to crucify her, she is a smart woman who doesn't get enough credit. I am an Alaskan, and that woman did more for our state than anyone since I've been a kid. She gave money back to the people, she opened up jobs, she pushed back at the big companies who tried to take our money, and gave it right back to us. I know Alaska is far away from everywhere, and people really don't follow what goes on up there, but there are a lot of big issues, and she handled them well. I support her in stepping down as more and more ethical complaints are being filed, that are one after another dropped, but they are costing our state money. She made a tough and brave choice. I hope she has chance to prove to people in the next four years, just how she really is.
@piasabird (1737)
It's good to hear form someone in Alaska who has some good things to say about her. I've heard a lot of Alaskans speak badly about her. But I think that most of them were Eco-nuts who said she is destroying the pristine beauty of the state. Plus they hated the whole hunting thing and the killing of wolves from helicopters.
@Rollo1 (16674)
• Boston, Massachusetts
With the constant negative media coverage, personal and legal attacks, at the time she is leaving office for no determined future, she still manages a 40% approval rating whereas Obama - who enjoys constant positive media attention even to a network devoting an entire evening of prime time to allow him to expound upon his health care reform, while in office only six months - has only a 49% approval rating according to the today's latest poll figures. I don't think she's doing too badly, considering.
@piasabird (1737)
Maybe he's just doing very, very badly right now. lol One good thing is that maybe people are starting to shake the fairy dust from their sleepy eyes and seeing that Obama isn't the Messiah they were all hoping for.
I agree Rollo1. I don't think she is doing bad, and now, not holding a government office, this could be very good for her.
@Taskr36 (13928)
That's really no surprise. She's leaving her job early and such things are to be expected. Her ratings are irrelevant now since she won't even be governor in a week. Much more relevant is the fact that for the first time, the MAJORITY in this county disapproves of Obama's performance as president. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
@iriscot (1290)
I read the Rasmussen report and notice that it differs from other polls, it will be interesting to see what the Rasmussen report comes up with after Sunday's update.
@anniepa (26468)
I saw this reported and I hadn't decided for sure if I should start a discussion about it or not since I knew I'd get accused of attacking poor Sarah and of "hating" her again. The only real way to "get away" with posting this news would be to have a title such as "Media Lies Again About Palin's Popularity" or something similar! For the record, it certainly isn't an attack on anyone to say they "don't have the skills that a leader needs to understand comlex issues" because few people DO have those kinds of skills. Annie
@matersfish (6311)
I realize now that there's absolutely nothing she can or cannot do that won't bring people out. That's power. Enough said. :)