Why do I get food poisoning from fast food places?

@applepod (224)
Malaysia
I eat a lot at fast food places and I've noticed that I get frequent food poisonings lately. In about 50% cases of eating there I get a diarrhea the next day. In about 5% I throw up, have temperature and cannot eat anything for a few days - stomach flue? And it is the same for fast food and upscale restaurants. The only places I dont get a food poisoning is in my company's cafeteria (that has mostly fast food) and the best restaurants in Seattle, where my cousin live?
I used to train food safety seminars, and what most people percieve as food poisoning from restaurants, is 9 times out of 10 not from the restaurants. It comes from something that you snack on during the day, or a glass of milk that you drank with breakfast. It is very hard to prove it came from the restaurant. If you are getting it that often, I would say it is probably something in your own kitchen that you eat regularly. If one person gets food poisoning from a restaurant, other people will too...unless you are eating at a place where you order a steak very rare or something. So, I would check with your local health department and see if anyone else has files a comlaint with the restaurants you feel are making you sick. Also, keep a list of what times you eat, and what you eat. Food poisoning sets in 4-6 hours after you consume the food, it has to have time to digest. Hope this helps, good luck!
I was going to say the same thing. There is a really good chance it is not food poisoning, especially if you get it that often when you eat. It could be food allergies, digestion problems, etc. But it does not sound like food poisoning. Those restraunts would be out of business if they kept getting people sick, since you would not have been the only one who got sick. I hope you can figure out the problem soon!
@MrPKitty (103)
You need a food diary. You write down EVERYTHING you eat or drink. Then when you get sick, you write down the time and day and what kind of illness, stomach, fever, diarrhea. Then you compare what you ate to what illness and try to find a patern. It probably isn't food poisoning per say, because if you got food poisoning that often it would start to affect your liver and kidneys. It could be a food allergy. Some preservative they use in fast food joints that they're not using at your work or better restuarants.
fast food are not quality food!!