Favorite material for clothing...

I love comfortable clothing, and my all around favorite fabric is cotton, the softer the better. Angora or silk feel wonderful to the touch, but once I have it on, angora feels prickly to me and silk almost sticky. But cotton always feels great to me. What is your favorite material/s when it comes to the clothing you wear?
@Canellita (12058)
Definitely cotton, hands down. It just breathes better. These days I am all about comfort, especially in the heat!
Comfort reigns with me, too, Canellita, and you're right. Nothing breathes as well as cotton. I love cotton sheeting blouses and such for hot weather. Thank you for sharing your preference! Karen
@Canellita (12058)
I am about ready to get a bolt of muslin and pull out the sewing machine! I found a great dress recently from India that is very comfortable but it was a little pricey so I doubt I will get more. Also the one I have is the best color.
Oh, muslin is wonderful for so many sewing projects. And there is just a great satisfaction about making something yourself! Karen
@twoey68 (13651)
I don't really care for silks and satins...I like denim and cotton. I guess I'm a tomboy at heart. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
Hi Twoey. Cotton and denim are great for wear and comfort. Not too long ago, I even saw a beautiful white denim wedding dress somewhere online. Amazing! So cotton isn't just for tomboys any more lol. Thank you for your response, and have a great night. Karen
@twoey68 (13651)
I'd love to see that!! [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@coolcat123 (4392)
I like soft clothes but do not prefer cotton. I like wearing anything but should be comfortable and lose enough to make me feel easy. i like skirts,long short both but not allowed wearing it.
Hello Coolcat. I also prefer soft, comfortable clothes. Nothing is worse than clothes that make one itch or constrict in any way! Thank you for your response. Karen
@wolfie34 (26792)
I love denim! It's comfortable, it's hard wearing, very durable and lasts for ages and ages! Even when it fades it looks even more fashionable. I think in the summer months cotton is best because it's cooler on your body. Denim is also warm as well. I love denim shorts I think they look good on me, shows off my hairy legs though but it suits me the casual look!
Hi Wolfie. I am with you on the denim! It wears forever, and the longer you have it the more comfortable it comes. I jeans...doesn't everyone? And a couple of pair of denim shorts for the summer time. I shave my legs, or mine would be hairy, too lol. But hairy legs on a man are fine. Happy day to you... Karen
@savypat (20246)
Next to my skin I like fine cotton in the heat and something warmer in the cold. I don't like wool but some of the new fabrics feel pretty good.
Hi Pat. I love the look of fine cashmere wool, but it always gives me a rash, darn it. So I usually go with cotton, even in winter sweaters. Karen
most of my clothes are in cotton.cotton is very comfortable.aside from cotton,I also love jersey and satin.jersey is adaptable.it easily follows my body shape and it doesn't wrinkle easily.satin has a very sexy texture.
Hello Coco. Yes, jersey moves when we move, and that is wonderful. I love the look of satin, but cannot wear it :( Thank you for sharing your preferences :) Karen
@tigeraunt (6331)
it is cotton for me the whole year round. we only have two seasons and cotton can be worn in those two seasons. cotton feels fresh and cool to the skin. thank you for this discussion. ann
Hello Ann. Even though we have four seasons here, we do have heavy cotton sweaters or sweatshirts that can be worn during the coldest months. It is my all around favorite fabric : ) Karen
@yugasini (12839)
• Anantapur, India
hi karen, Indian wears simple dress,i too as, as a male i use to dress with pant and shirt...have a nice day
Hello Yuga...simple dress can be the most appealing. It seems as though you've discovered that wonderful secret : ) You have a nice day, as well. Karen
cotton means comfortness - cotton really mean comfortness, coolness, careful and motherly touch
if use ask me that which clothing material comforts me i will say it is the cotton my all time favourite clothing material, it gives me comfort i summer, rainny as well as in winters too ..
Hi Rosyevening...what a lovely screen name that is. I am with you, year round, I love my cotton! :) Karen
Hi friend............. I am an Indian and i have such a atmosphere near my place that i cant wear the western clothes.......and moreover i myself dont wear them as beacuse when ill go abroad ill be wearing each and every thing which is restricted here...... For me its always cotton...........or south cotton.....its great to wear......especially in summers.I love crave,crave silk,brocade....when it comes to fancy suits...otherwise at home i prefer only cotton.I hate synthetic stuff......as my skin gets reacted to it......!!!
Hello Aman. I, too, love cotton, the softer the better. Egyptian cotton is wonderful for bedding OR clothing. Like you, I often get a skin rash or such from synthetics. Karen
Rayon is probably my favorite. Or a rayon-cotton blend. Rayon is like...less silky-silk. lol. That's a bad description, but it's sooo nice feeling. And it kind of just flows off your body. I can't stand stuff like acetate, nylon, or wool, though. THey're so uncomfortable!
Ohhh, thank you for reminding me of rayon. I do like that, and yes, it feels soft and drapes so nicely! Up with comfort that looks good! Karen