If you're in a relationship, do you try to know more about what interests them?

Portugal
Whether it's a romantic relationship or a simple everyday relationship, do you try to know more about the subjects that interest the other person? Do you talk about subjects that you know little or nothing about? I do that, and find incredible the wonderful things we can learn. So how about you? Are you open to th knowladge of others?
I do try to find out more about people I am around and love. It is interesting and fun to get to know people. I love getting to know more and more about my boyfriend and his family all the time. We have so many interests that are the total opposite, yet we get along so well. Very crazy. But we get to know each other's interests and make an effort to be involved in them, and if we don't like them, then that is ok too. It is the effort of getting to know each other that really counts.
I know for my boyfriend he is an engineer and I am going into journalism so therefore we are both on separate spectrum. So for us its really interesting just to sit down and ask questions about each other and what actually is involved with everything. There are a ton of things I've learned about his line of work and it helps because when he tells me something I have at least some knowledge of it and I'm not trying to fake a conversation. But that is the key, you have to not only be willingly to tell but willingly to ask questions too even if you feel stupid about it.
@hagirl (1296)
I believe that is the whole purpose of dating is to know the others wants, needs, and hobbies and to let them know yours. Alot of times they will introduce you to things you may have never thought of doing. The same goes for them. IF you do not know about some of their interest and you want to know research it. you may find it will become an interest of yours also.
If your in a relationship you must try to know and figure what is important to your partner. Of course this has always got me in trouble for being to noisy. But I figure if we are going to be a team we know about the other person so we can help.
• Denmark
Yes I am. Sometimes they are very like me though - same job and classes for example. Then we share experiences and laugh over that. But sometimes it is fun to try knew. I tried not so long ago to play soccer. So much fun and he was so good!