How many men cook for their family?

@kevchua (1004)
Malaysia
I sometimes cook simple dishes at home. I'm not a good cook; as long as it's edible, and tastes good, it's fine :) Most of the time, my wife does the cooking. I know there are men who don't cook because they believe the kitchen is the wife's domain. How many men out there cook for their family? It would be interesting to find out.
@mermaidivy (15415)
My dad is a cook but he doesnt' cook for us because my mom is responsible for that and she likes to do so and she doesn't like my dad to make the kitchen greasy and stuff because he is used to work at the restaurant so somebody cleans up for them. My husbnad doesn't cook for me either because I like to cook for him. I don't hear a lot of men do cook for their family, usually the wives do.
you are right.i don't like it at all too.
@kevchua (1004)
Hi mermaidivy, as long as you enjoy what you're doing it's good :) Many men don't like to cook as the kitchen is "out of bounds" to them, so that means they don't wash the dishes too, like a few of my uncles. They've been brought up to stay away from the kitchen. There also men who don't cook because of egoism - "I'm a man, so why should I do kitchen duties?". Stuff like that :) Cheers and happy cooking!
@cwong77 (2011)
OH, both my dad and my eldest brother cook, and they cook very well.. My dad is able to do a feast of 10 dishes, for our Chinese New Year. My brother can do Japanese dishes very well, as he used to work in a Jap restaurant. Actually, I finds that men can cook better if they want to, and that's explain why most chefs are men too! Or women are only good in their own kitchen and they are the chef of the house?
@kevchua (1004)
Nah, both men and women can be good cooks if they wanted to. It's just that not many women want to be in the hotel catering line and be professional cooks. I guess they're not too keen to be chefs, sous chefs, executive chefs or chefs de cuisine unlike men. Many men who open their own cafes or restaurants in the city were at one time chefs in hotels. Well, with or without being taught, anyone can cook. Don't know what to cook? Check out cook books and observe how others cook. Most importantly, you have to make mistakes in order to learn :)
@meng23 (146)
For me seldom of men cooks. But when a man cook you will be shocked. Seldom they cook but one's they cook it taste something different and believable. And they prepare foods which is not always prepared on the table inshort special. Men has a good taste in making dishes but our tradition is that wife is for kitchen. Maybe the reason why men havent appreciate and less of them had been interested in the kitchen because men is always the breadwinner that's why he spend the time more outside. I BASED THIS WIRH MY DAD.
i am ur opposite. i don't cook as expertly and as good as my late husband. he used to cook lunch on sundays when all members of the family are at home. on weekdays, our househelper does it (and he is a male, too!).
@chi2nasrin (1102)
All the best chefs in this world are men. Men can cook better than woman but they are just lazy and think that it is unmanly to enter the kitchen.
@lovedude (4454)
I cook sometimes.. but not for whole family.. as of course if I cook then all need to be given one table for digest too.. lol.. yeah I do cook rice and dal, sometimes maggi.. I don't think it's wife's domain.. if women can work why can't we cook.. :)
@mickly08 (769)
It is various from one family to another .In my family ,my mom always does some cooking.
@yogambal_64 (1016)
Well my husband has learned to cook a few simple recipes lately and does it rarely when I am extremely unwell or when I am not in town. Initially he had no interest in cooking but of late he has developed some interest. It is really fun to watch him cook.