Would you come to a Rent sale

I am having a rent sale and I have it listed in the paper. Do you think people will show up for a rent sale? Meaning I am selling everything in my home to raise money for the rent so we dont end up out on the street.
I honestly don't know. I think that you would be more likely to have a great amount of traffic if you called it a yard/garage sale. However, I suppose by listing it as a rent sale there may be some goodhearted people that will make a donation to yourself and your family to keep you off the street. Best of luck to you.
I have been listing it as a garage sale for the past few weeks with not many folks showing up. SO I thought I would try something different. I guess I will have to see.
I have never heard it put that way...but it just might work. I know that garage/yard sales are a hit and miss .... I have had them at my home and at my aunts I do better at my aunts... but it could just be all in the timing too. I hope you do well with yours!! Happy mylotting and take care!
This is something not heard of here in my country. Times are hard now and we should do all what we can think of to make ends meet. That might be a good idea to dispose some of the things you don't need anymore and that will bring you some cash to meet your immediate needs.
@lilybug (21182)
Someone would have had to explain to me what a rent sale was if I saw it in the paper. I would not have known. I think I would go though if there were things that I needed and I had the money to buy something from them. Good luck with your sale.
not only would I go but if I knew that that was the purpose for the sale I would buy something even if I did not want it and I would give a more than was asked. I may not have a bunch of $$ to spare but if I saw that the person really was trying I would give what I could. Good luck with it this weekend!!
Yes I would and I truly sorry that you have been reduced to taking such drastic steps. I hope you are not selling item that are necessary for you to live in your home. How can you possible be selling everything! What would you do in a home that was empty of the necessities?
@ANTIQUELADY (36492)
I don't think people here would know what a rent sale was. If u listed it here as a inside yard sale it would do better here. I hope u do well w/it. Hate to see u do that.
@Trensue (5268)
I would not have had a clue what a rent sale was - but I imagine many people who do yard sales and garage sales would include this in the list of activities.
@savypat (20248)
Why wouldn't people come just like they do for garage sales and yard sales. I bet you will have a big turn out. Good Luck
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
Sure I believe so. I feel for you and I'm sorry you are finding yourself in this perdictment. I really think people will come out in support. This reminds me of the lady who decided to sale her Apple Pie to pay the mortgage. She called it the Mortgage Apple Pie. She got family and friends involved and she will be able to make the mortgage payment. Plus give money to a certain charity. It was quite inspirationally to see someone come up with an inventive idea that really worked. I'm sure this will now be a new career for her.