Best Free Ware???

Safe Money - man throwing money into the air
Lets get a list a of the best free ware programs and maybe some links the the best free software on the web. I got adware free and it works ok. what about you, whats your favorite free ware software and what does it do?
@dragon54u (31637)
Miniminder is a real lifesaver for me. It's a very small application--free--that sits on your desktop and reminds you of appointments, tasks, etc. You just enter the event, date and time and it'll pop up when it's supposed to. I also like Spybot Search and Destroy and Weather Bug.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Good discussion! I find my free wares from download.com, softpedia.com or mininova.org. They come in quite handy sometimes.
@wanpisu (207)
My favorite and the best media player I ever use is SMPlayer. Its available for both Windows and Linux. Another software that I would like to share is Aegisub. I use it to add subtitle and karaoke to my favorite Japanese anime. Both SMPlayer and Aegisub are distributed under GNU GPL.
There are many good free software. And Firefox is one of them in my opinion. I think this is a good browser. Especially with cool plug-in, it becomes much more powerful. I love China
@imacRuel1 (258)
With lots of Best Freeware apps out there...it is really hard to choose w/c one is the best of the best... I would say, Ubuntu Linux... it's really a great Freeware OS but not universally used compare to Windows... but having a dual/triple OS boot including Linux would really add versatility on your PC... So why did I choose this...Very simple... how would your best Freeware apps run w/out an Operating System... Linux is the best OS out there...but absolutely not for noobs!