small busness push for the health care reform

i was told that small bussness would suffer from the health care reform if that was the case then why are they pushing for it to go through. Small businesses are the backbone of our economy, accounting for a quarter of all job growth in the last 15 years. We need health insurance reform to reduce the current burden on small firms and their workers, which have too often been forced to choose between covering employees and keeping their doors open.
@psycospaz (320)
I can attest to this first hand. I work for a very small toy store owned by a couple that I consider my mom and poppop. Well last year I broke my finger helping them put up new shelves and they couldn't do anything to help me because they cannot afford to offer me health insurance. Although I don't mind, because I have my own, I am a disabled vet, but I know the rest of our employees are not as lucky as myself. If the government does not do something soon though, there will be more unemployment than ever!
@piasabird (1737)
So they don't have to carry a Workmans Comp policy there? If you're hurt on the job they're suppose to pay for it anyway.
No they have workman's comp. I think they have to by law, but I wouldn't let them pay the deductible for me to use it. It was partially my fault anyway, and I knew exactly how the sales had be going, and it wasn't well. If something could be done to lower those deductibles I think my boss wouldn't be stressing as much.
@gewcew23 (8011)
I see in your header that small businesses are pushing for health care reform, yet in your body I do not read one reference to any company. As to being force between covering employees and keeping their doors open, well being in business is all about making tough decisions. Some small business can barely make payroll, so should they have had to increase the wages being paid out if their employees are making minimal wages? Some small business have a hard time paying their taxes, should they not have to pay their taxes?
@piasabird (1737)
Do you have a source for your story? Did you get that info from a web site? Could you post it so we could look at it? Thanks