how do u remember the discussions you already responded to?

Is my memory not big enough for me, or do you all have this same problem from time to time. I find a discussion that I would like to respond to, but then something tells me that I have responded to it already. Then I have to either look at my profile page, or scroll down to make sure I didn't before I respond again. I wish it would show on the discussion page, that says "you've already responded to this", or something simple...lol...just an idea. Hey, I need all the help I can get !
@xichen7 (153)
Every time your post to somebody's discussion, if someone comment to you, system will send a email to you immediately. I think at this time everyone's email have a very big space to store the emails, so you just keep it in your email, and when want to find the post, you just check your email. happy mylot!
I don't like storing my e-mails...takes up too much space. But thanks for the suggestion.
@nzalheart (2352)
Hello sweetchariot!!! I think I have to say you have pretty weak mind in that case haha...I have never faced such problem. I can say that I have already responded to this discussion, and it happens very rarely that I respond to the second discussion twice. I think you are responding more to the discussions related to a particular interest. So that all seems to be about the same thing, and then you become confuse whether you have responded to the discussion before or not. There is no rule that you cannot respond to the same discussion twice I think. If you have different answers each time, then I think it doesn't really matter to respond to the same discussion twice. But if you are writing the similar thing twice, then it won't look good... Well we people have our own big and small problems. it's not the big deal... Happy mylotting...
You may absolutely correct...there are many discussions that are similiar to other ones, therefore it sounds like I have responded to them already, but maybe I haven't. Honey, as we get older the memory does get weak... Actually, over the years, the more things we store in our memory, the crowder our memory bank gets, and in order fit more in, something has to fall out! How do you like my analogy of the brain?
@nzalheart (2352)
Actually the capacity of our mind is infinite. We can't refer in terms of megabyte, gigabyte haha. Every incident of our life is stored in our brain but we need a condition to remember such things. Sometimes, if happens that I want to recall a particular telephone and I can't do it. And sometimes, at certain circumstances the phone number just comes to our mind clear cut. Well when you see the discussions you feel like you have already responded to it. But you have not really forgotten, when some particular condition comes up, you will clearly remember again that you have already responded to that discussion. So, nothing has to be taken out of the mind to fill the new things, it is infinite... But the real problem is that the conditions that take us to that memory doesn't come up easily sometimes haha...This is the real problem. And you are more experienced than me. May be my brain would also get weaker with the passing time. happy mylotting...
*just kinda chuckles*... As I prepare to post my pondering, to this topic you have put forth for us to peruse. And yes, while you MAY need all the help you can get! I am just kind of kidding, only time will so tell. *wanting to insert a pleasant smile here*... Do think you made some witty suggestions for helping others possibly remember posts to which they've already responded. But seriously and I hope you don't take offense Sweetchariot, I think maybe your title woulda/coulda/shoulda included "repeatedly" inserted between already and responded to. *lol*... Take care, firefox333
Yeah, I could've done that!
uh huh... *wanting to nod my noggin*...
@suspenseful (40316)
I go to the 'responded' and if my response is on the first, second, or third page and has been commented on, I will respond to that comment. I could also comment on someone else's response but do not like doing that because I sometimes feel like one of those trolls. Maybe I should get a little braver.
lol...Hey, I just respond where I feel I should or feel I want to. I don't worry on what others think. Do what makes you fell comfortable.
@tutor19us (455)
I do not remember all the discussions. Generally I do not have a good memory. I look at my profile page and then go respond if I have not already responded. Yes, it would be great if it could automatically sense who the iuser is and give a message. If I am about to respond to the discussion the Post response button should be disabled. Or something similar. :)
Thank You! At least a few of you are with me on this!
I have been experiencing the same problem. That's why i am ending up logging out or responding the other day. There seems to be same title discussions and i can't really remember if i responded to it already.
It doesn't help when some of the discussions are on the same subject, just worded differently.
@thhoon72 (1010)
Hahaha....I thought I'm the only one to have this problem.....lol....I don't consider myself a very forgetful person, it is just that I am not a person into details. Your suggestion is really good and worth considering. Have a great weekend ahead =))
Thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has this problem.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
With my 2500 plus posts, I am not that superman to memorize them all. But myLot provides us a list of what discussions we have responded. But of course, you will not browse everything, to check whether you already responded to a certain discussion. But myLot says in the guidelines, that we only respond to a certain topic only after reading all the responses. So if you will do that, you will find out if you already did or no...
If there are 5-6 pages of responses...there is no way I am going to read all those...I figure after 2-3 pages, I got the jest of what is being said.
@vathsala30 (3723)
if the discussion appears recently i remember it very well but if it appeared long back i remember it vaguely or something in my mind tells that i responded, then i check my profile
That's what I've been doing, but I was trying to find another way to eliminate donig that. Thanks
@thea09 (18327)
• Greece
Hi Sweetchariot, it's not just you, it happens to me too, especially if it's a week or so old then pops back to the top of the list. I suppose it's natural as if it caught your eye the first time it'll catch it again. Of course the other day I saw a topic I knew I'd responded to the day before but it didn't have any responses yet, it was just the same old topic again. I make a point of not responding twice to the same topic on the assumption that the second one will be deleted.
You're right...some people just don't look to see if that topic has already been discused...I often forget to do that too. Thank you for letting me know that I am not the only one that forgets who they respond to...
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do the same thing by checking to see if I already responded to it. I have so many I have responded to, that is it impossible to remember which ones I responded to and which ones I didn't. If I don't check first, then I could end up responding to it again. In fact there was one discussion where I rewsponded twice as I didn't think the first post went through, so I posted again, and when I did that, I saw that I already had posted a response. I usually have a good memory, but since I have responded to so many discussions, I have to check first and make sure I don't respond more than once to the same discussion. Good luck to you and happy mylotting.
Don't you think Mylot should let us know by giving us a tag or something below the discussion...lol...I guess I just want the easy way out. Thanks
@James72 (26829)
Eat more fish! Thankfully I do seem to have a pretty good recollection of what I have and haven't responded to, but I'm pretty sure I've doubled up before too! I always have the "responded" list open in a separate tab as well and refer back to it constantly, so this helps!
Brilliant idea...it took me all this time to discover the "Respond" tab!
Duh!
@James72 (26829)
Salmon is good!