Mylot friends vs. your real friends in real life

Lithuania
Are your virtual friends better than those you have in your life?In my case, my virtual friends are far more intelligent than the real ones.I can share deeper thoughts with them.I can discuss things my real friends know little about.When I need an advice from experienced people, I always come here.Do you feel the same?
@mysdianait (64082)
Hi there Silver! I make NO difference whatsoever between online and off. In my opinion there is NO difference between the two because behind every computer is an individual, a person, a human being, something REAL. This is not a fake life. It is all part of my offline life just as it is for everyone else. I am not two different beings like something from a horror film The users I meet online often become online friends and then the friendship develops and we communicate through email and then by phone and then, in many cases, we meet in person. Where is the fine line between real and unreal? There is none at all for me and 'friend' has the same definition online and off.
• Lithuania
You're right.People behind these avatars are REAL.God,I could only imagine the joy of meeting them offline!
@mysdianait (64082)
It IS a joy if a REAL friendship has formed!
@littleowl (7157)
Hi silver, I tend to agree with you, there is only one real true best friend I have offline and she is also here whom I can talk to about anything. But my virtual friends a lot of them I have come to know as real life friends and they are friends I can rely on. Maybe I don't bring my problems here etc but my virtual friends I wouldn't be without as they ARE my friends...LoLo
@savypat (20248)
My friends here are very helpful, but they can't take me to the doctor, or go to a concert with me, in other words they are not physically present and that makes a big difference in our relationships
@catdla1 (6005)
I don't know if I'd necessarily call my online friends better, but most of the time they are more accessible. Having moved 1,500 miles away from my long-time and childhood friends, they have in many aspects gone from being 'real' friends to virtual friends, since we only see eachother online. I think it's easier to talk to online friends about deeper thoughts and feelings, although I can't tell you why. Maybe the anonymity helps us to loosen up...sort of like talking to friends at night in the dark. How many of us share closer thoughts in the dark that we wouldn't share in the daylight, face to face with that same person? I've had some of my online friends for going on 15 years. In that time a lot of good times and bad times have been shared, as well as a lot of laughter and tears. To me my virtual friends ARE real friends.