promises are made to be broken... agree?

@shhheila (1847)
i know that promises are meant to be kept and in some tendencies, you broke your promise. if you know you cant keep it, dont promise it, it will just hurt or make some one dissappointed in you. for me, i only promise something that i know that it could happen and it should be bounded with trust.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
You would think that is true but I have to say the man I love when he promises something he always delivers. Regardless how big or how small the promise is. He has been consistent for 20 years. So I know if he promises me something it will happen.
@shhheila (1847)
promises are kept even big or small. you are lucky that you have loved a man who keeps his word and being consistent for 20 years. thanks for responding my topic. im glad to read your comment. its nice to hear that!
@rlaknar (616)
I promise but before I consider whether is it possible to do the task or not. Promise is not like the one that not only make people break but also it makes enemies . I never promiser if I cant keep.At the time of promise I clearly state the conditions of mine and expected disturbances . I always want to be a trustworthy one.
@shhheila (1847)
yah i agree with you....
@eLsMarie (4148)
uhmmm... some people made promises during times when they feel so overjoyed to a certain situation.. it's possible that promises contribute pain in our daily lives but there are times when people prefer to ruin their promises because it's the only way that can make their partners suffer less. we can't just conclude directly that promises were made to be broken because there are a lot of obstacles that may come and it'll lead to complications... we should dig in to reasons behind why our loved ones break it
yes your right, since we cant predict the future, better not to make any promises... and try to show it in action or if that time will come rather than saying or making promise and yet nothing happens... guys normally do that.