i have a star

@erikmama (12929)
I just noticed there is a star above my name and now i am wondering if someone can tell me what it is and why it is on there
@amybrezik (2123)
It's your reputation.. Each level is a different color. It's a good thing!
@erikmama (12929)
thank u! I really appreciate the help!
That is your reputation and keep it a good one because it really affects your earnings when people rated you down. so, try not to make discussions that can hurt some one, ok. have a great day erik.
lol, i used to ask the same question before... those are your ratings from your post and answer from the discussion... People who like your post and answer will rate you using the +-! found at the right side below your post or answer.. so give your rating too and lets make myLot a perfect place to share ideas with plus earnings...
@boogerman (1548)
Hello, erikmama! Well, when a user reached 100 posts, there will be a star before the username and it represents the rating of the user. If you point the cursor to it, 'mylot reputation of x/100' will appear. Users rate the posts of others using the negative (-) and positive (+) buttons together with the report abuse (!) button. You can find this on the right side of any discussion, response, or comment but you cannot see it on your own post. The ratings can affect the participation earnings. If you post quality content, you can receive positive ratings and you can earn more. I started with a brown star with number 3 in it then I try to make my rating higher by posting quality responses. You can avoid posting on discussions in which all of us have different opinions and beliefs such as politics or religion as there is a risk of decreasing reputation. When others seem to disagree with your post, you might get negative rating. You can read on the FAQ section below to learn more about earnings and DRS (Discussion Rating System). Have a nice day!