Did you ever meet someone who was almost anglic in their manners, and way of rel

Garden Grove, California
hi I am stuck here in this assisted living place, but the first person I met was a young man, young to me as he is fifty, who showed me the ropes,. told me about the place and was genuinely interested in helping this senior citizen. and he is that way with all the residents. He has to be helping, he gives but refuses to accept any money for the gifts he gives, he is just almost to good to be true, as he is a real friend. almost angelic. my guestion is have you ever met a person who is from the onset a kind, genuine giving individual who does it for the pleasure it seems to give him? He got sick once, and bemoaned who was going to care for the older ladies and men if he had to go to the hospital?I mean this man, Jess, is a real sweetheart of a man who is very selfless and very comfortable in his own skin too.For example I got to the dining room early this morning and put my head down on the table to snooxe,he called to me a nd asked if I was alright. I felt sort of silly but I said Im fine, just sleepy.He thought maybe I was ill.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hi hatley I didn't read all the responses so I am not sure you answered this question already, do you have feelings for this person or are you just thankful that he is there too help?
@kitty42 (3912)
Too answer your question I did meet someone like this recently but unfortunately I fell for him.guess I am still learning.
hi Kitty only as I would feel for my own son.this man is' fifty while I am old enough to be his grandmother; just a nice' friend who is unusually kind to everyone he meetsl
@kitty42 (3912)
I call him a blessing in disguise to bad we don't have many more people like that to help us when we need it, thats why we are always surprised when we come across people like that, we need more like him for sure,sad when you think about it.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
Well how refreshing to know there are good men out there and not just men but people like who really care like the hairdresser who helped Debs_Place in your reponders here. Good to see. Have a Great Day!!!
hi grandma yes there are still some great men out'there and some great young woman. He is one in a thousand'and he' is not stickup nor does he even seem to be proud
@Debs_place (10528)
I had brain surgery some years ago and was left with some hair full of blood and yuck. After about a week, I could not stand it. My husband called the local hair dresser (a place I had never been) and explained the situation. The girl scheduled us for the last appointment of the night. She spent an hour making sure I was a comfortable as I could be and then made sure the surgical site was protected and kept dried and then washed and rinsed my hair. It felt so good, she was so gentle and sweet. I was there for almost 2 hours. Then she refused to accept money. She felt she should do it for free since she was healthy and i was not. She was an angel.
hi debs what a lovely young woman.I know how horrible it'feels when you're in the hospital and havent been able to wash your hair at all then someone like your hairdresser does that what a great feeling to be fresh and clean again.and to do that carefully cheerfully and for free. wonderful lady.
@MsTickle (24991)
He sounds like a true gem...send him my way will you?
he is sorry I 'cant sent him to you.
@littleowl (7157)
What a lovely man. I have been fortunate to meet a gentleman older than m, he is a friend and he has seen me through a bitter divorce, he grows his own vegetables and goes around giving the excess to people who need it or his friends-asking for nothing in return- he is there for anyone especially if they need help in anyway and asks for nothing in return, the eggs and veg he gives away if people insist they pay him he asks for them to give a donaion to a charity of their choice. Like your friend my friend is to an angelic being and sometimes too good to be true, but he is a truly unique, genuine person who only wants to please others..LoLo
hilittle owl yes he is alovely man,always thinking of' others and giving things just because he likes to 'pleaseother people. my grandad was a lot like your' friend,he wou ld give something to someone but never take a penny for it and he didnt have a lot of money.
• Marion, Kansas
This just reminds me of a "young" man in his 90's who was in a nursing home while I was an evening housekeeper. He had a health issue, but mostly was there because he was alone. He moved in and completely remodeled his room. He walked miles and miles every day. He would buy groceries for shut ins in the community and typed up large print phone lists on his computer. He was always so kind to everyone. I loved talking to him.
hi GardenGerty It made you feel good to know him too 'didnt it.people like that warm ones heart. this man has a bad foot and I know he is in pain at times but he never lets on and he doesnt let it stop him' from helping someone. to be 90 and care for others is so wonderful..wow.
@zandi458 (27952)
Hi Hatley, it looks like this man is God send angel to help senior citizens, those in trouble and those who needs help. He has the heart of gold. Though I have never come across a person that fits your description yet but I hope one day I can find someone that have the heart of Mother Teresa and this person you mentioned. All of us appreciate it when someone not only offer to help, but actually follows through. He is such a great man with a big heart.
hi zandi oh my i am typing with my left shoulder cramping. I have a steel and plastic shoulder joint so it cannot be the joint but the muscles around it I guess. yes Jess is one in a million, selfless and full of fun, hes divorced and I wonder why;if I had a hubby like him I sure would have held on to him.he seems to care for all of us here.he is really a wonder.