Friends, Friends, And More Friends

@erikmama (12934)
Do you make friends easily? What does it take to be a good friend to you?
Be trustworthy. One of the best things about having a friend is that you have someone to whom you can talk about anything, even secrets that you hide from the rest of the world. The key to being a good confidante is the ability to keep secrets, so it's not secret that you shouldn't tell other people things that were told to you in confidence.
@sanelaze (167)
In my line of work, I usually meet so many people from different walks of life. After the conclusion of a project or a trip, I've become more acquainted with them. However, it's hard to keep in touch. On the other hand, I also meet friends outside of work. Then I try to keep in touch by phone or through social sites like facebook. I try to initiate a conversation and find out common interests. However, this is very difficult especially if the other person is of different age or a 'higher' professional status. BUt if you're referring to a personal and genuine friend, it takes a long time to establish it. The amount of time you've spent together doesnt matter that much but you have to go through something with that friend to strengthen the relationship. My main requirement of a 'good' friend is to be honest and not judgemental.