put downs & old age.

@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
It's been a great week so far, NOT.Sunday i went up to my son's house to see them. of course i think everyone knows how much i love my grandson. I know i talk about him too much. Well anyway, when i got ready to go i ask him if he wanted to go home w/me & spend the night[he never has]. he said no, he had to stay there & play the wii. they had been gone overnight so guess he was having w/drawals from being away from it. i said u love your wii better than u do your bobo & he said yes. KIDS ARE HONEST. YESTERDAY ANNIEFANNIE CAME TO SEE ME & WE HAD A VERY NICE VISIT. sHE HAD SOME ERRANDS TO RUN SO I WENT W/HER BUT BEFORE WE LEFT I TURNED ON my dishwaher so it could be done when i got back. It is a portable one that i have to hook up to the faucet. Just one thing u have to turn the water on, i didn't so i think i have burned the sucker up.. Day 3 is now here & so far i haven't been put down or tore anything up but the days is still young. How is your week going??
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
When the little guy is grown up though, he won't remember his wii, he'll remember you and the things that you did for him and with him. Bummer about the dishwasher. I didn't even know they made portable ones. Learned something today anyway....
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
It was o.k. that he said it, the little toot tail, lol. He better remember me. kids just say what they think. I know i raised 2 of them. it is a bummer about the dishwater.Nobody to blame but myself. duh! fixit man can't come till fri. so then i'll know. I have never had a built-in one. never enough cabinet space as it is. u just roll them up close to the sink & hook the hose to the faucet. It gets the job done.
I have thought about going back to portable, just so I could have more cabinet space. I had a friend that got a half size one, because her space was so limited.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
That would be a great size foe me in fact that was what was here when i moved here. it went out & when i checked on prices it was a whole lot more than a portable.
Very strangely. I have missed some dates and times, and am now remembering to look in my calendar before doing anything else. I will be training someone else tomorrow. I do not know that I am ready.No put downs, except by my own self. No broken things, but my dumb bum leg is giving me what for all day today. I may have to breakdown and go see a doctor, only to be told, I am sure, that it is just arthritis. I guess I am broken or burnt out.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Getting older is soo much fun. i can relate to bum parts. i'm having a terrible time w/my back. i know what's wrong w/it just nothing to make it better.. hope your leg gets to feeling better. Take care& thanks for your response.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I have a question for u. why do u always respond in 2 different places. i notice u doing that all the time. i guess u do it to get 2 ratings, huh?
One is a response, and I will get paid for that response. IF I go to someone else's response and make a comment, I will receive another point or post or, as you put it, rating. It only happens one time. You will probably see, though, that I do respond in many places in some discussions, if I am really enjoying them. I think MyLot pays for those comments as well, but we do not see our rating go up. I just know they tell us they pay for all of our activity. Some discussions I just cannot even find a second place to make a comment. Yours, I almost always can. I think any discussion that has a lot of back and forth chatter earns more as well, as it is then a real discussion. I try to participate in my friends' discussions as much as possible.
@anniefannie (1743)
yes we did have a nice visit and if i had not been there you would have remembered to turn your water on. after you cooked for me too.it was sooooooooo good and my sisters thought so to.yea people she sent me home with bowles full of food.i haven't had anything to go wrong so far, but it has often this year.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
GLAD u & THE SISTERS ENJOYED IT. IT sure wasn't your fault that i didn't turn the water on. I'm just a dingbat. I hope nothing else goes wrong w/u, anniefannie, u have had enough wrongs to last u a lifetime. love ya!
i agree with you about the wrongs but you have too we will be blessed some day BIG love you
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
SOUNDS good to me.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
In four days four of my family leave so that will be distressing. My boss and his wife who turned from Miss Mouse to Miss *itch as as she joined forces with her husband against me has also left so at least my heart is beating normally. I am going to an author's book signing tonight and I am looking forward to that as I really admire this lady. I am going on my own as all friend's are busy but that will be o.k. as I am sure that I will know people there to chat to. No sign of the mother rat so that is good too. all in all, I cannot complain. Have a great week.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i was thinking about your kids this morn. No way of getting around it dear, it's going to be rough on u & them to. Ann came over yesterday & ate lunch w/me & we were talking about the rough time u were about to experience. We both are sad for u. is it a local author? i would go w/you if i could. I love to read. Have never been to a signing, sure it's fun. I'm not social like u are. It pratically takes a stick of dynamite to get me out of the house. great, rats be gone. my son killed a copperhead snake in his yard last night. think my dil about freaked. Don't blame her. Have fun tonight. TAKE CARE.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Yes, it is getting hard to think of them gone. I keep tearing up. Last night was good and I made the effort as I need to get back into things in our little town. I belong to two organisations that i put aside when the babies came. But I will make the effort to go out again as I know that I am going to me lonely. Just to see both of their faces when I come home at night and they were waiting at the door all ready for a kiss. Yes, the lady is a local author., her grandfather and Father were both Prime Ministers of this country. She is extremely bright and I have great admiration for her. I too love to read. I get antsy if I do not have anything to read in the house. It is then I even go through the yellow pages!! Just to have something to read. The boss' wife have me a half hearted apology but I suppose that is better than a kick in the pants! Take care, dear friend
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
BLESS YOUR HEART. i THINK SHE OWED U AN APOLOGY & SO DID HE. i HOPE THEY DON'T COME TOO OFTEN.Thinking about u today.
@sid556 (31005)
I'm sorry you've had such a bad week. It isn't because your old so don't think that. It isn't that, I'm sure. My grandson stays at my house each week and we just spent over an hour laughing and talking about his childhood. Still...he does bring his wii and I think he likes it at my place...not for me but because he has free reign of the TV and no one like his sister to compete with. It isn't your age at all...you are just having one of those bad weeks where everything that can go wrong....does.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks sid, it hasn't been that bad & sure could be alot worse. He is really hung up on that wii & i think he's too young to be. I would like to see him out playing & doing things a child his age should be doing. I love having him anytime he wants to come.
My daughter doesn't want to stay in her grandmother's house too, much more to spend the night without me. Just like you, her grandmother loves her very much but it's impossible for my daughter to sleep with her grandmother.. .. I've wondering about this. . ..
@HelScream (2828)
hi bobo , you should have asked me I wouldnt have said no to you well so far my days this months have been great so far and still planning to make it even better just a little bit tired though been busy lately and had less time here at the lot. I do tried to answer most of my friends discussion everyday but time is not on my side... today is a holiday for us so I have a lot of free time to spend here at mylot.... have a great day my lady
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
lol, u want do. U are too old to be spending the night w/your grandma unless she needed help. How is your sister doing? Staying busy will keep u out of trouble, maybe.. Glad u have a holiday, enjoy.
@thea09 (18327)
• Greece
Hi Jo, sorry you're having a bad week, maybe you took it to heart a bit much about your grandson. Couldn't he have brought his game with him. My son has never been to stay with his grandparents but they are in a different country. I asked if he'd maybe like to stay a few days there next year but he said no, he'd rather go and stay with his best friend at his best friends Granma's, who he's never met. The allure of the friends gets more attractive than the lure of family. Everything I own is always breaking so can sympathise with the dish washer thing, but I can look on the bright side for that, I don't have one to break. My own week has been too hot to move, the weathermen need shooting saying the temps would drop. On the good side I actually had water pressure for a bit today
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
HI THEA, it's not that bad & could sure be alot worse. I didn't get upset about what ryan said, he's just being honest & i sure want fault him for that. Hope he's always honest. he has never spent the night w/me. HE is so close to his parents he doesn't want to be away from them at night & that's o.k. to. I have two grown sons i know how boys work. hope u get a break in that heat soon. IT's hot here to.Real glad u had pressure today & i know u were to. Take care.
@jillhill (37383)
Oh buggers! That's too bad. I hope everything works out and that the dishwasher is just suffering a bit and not totally gone. So far my week is okay with the exception of having to clean for company that I did so much yesterday I am still tired today and have a few things left to do....it won't take me long but finding more motivation today might be a miracle! LOL Hope the rest of your week goes good!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks Jill, hope ur week goes good to.
@suzzy3 (8357)
I have got to wednesday and so far so good.I nearly knocked over my fabric softner but the lid was on.Got away with that one.Take care suzzy3
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
I'm glad SUZZY. tHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MESS. I hate messes. I thought i'd never get all the water up out of the floor when i attacked the diswaher, lol. Thanks for your response.
@suzzy3 (8357)
That would have been awful flooded out my goodness,don't even go there.
@cream97 (29166)
My week is going pretty fine. I just will be glad when my school gets out of school, and then again, I won't be so glad. It is very hot in our town that we live in. And I have been in my apartment all day long. I am just taking it easy. That is all that I can do. I hope that you have a lovely week.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
Thanks for your response. I lobe being home always have & it's a good thing since i can't work anymore. U have a great week to.
@bunnybon7 (37399)
• Holiday, Florida
oh no we never get tired of hearing about that little cutie of yours. at least i dont. oh thats sad about your dishwasher. i hope its ok after all. yes, it seems kids get really bored these days if they dont have their tech toys. not like in our day or even our kids days.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
tHANKS bON, I SURE DON'T EVER GET TIRED OF TALKING ABOUT HIM, LOL. I WILL KNOW FRIDAY IF I KILLED MY DISHWAHER, THINK I DID..I am always doing something stupid.
@pergammano (7755)
My goodness, dear JO, your week has been all over the emotional roadmap, hasn't it? So, so sorry that dear Ryan needed a Wii time-out, but there was a little light at the end of that tunnel, too! You got a special afternoon with "anniefannie"....and got some errands done...and I truly hope that your dishwasher (as we discussed)will rise to life again! I am a little deflated...was on an emotional HIGH...if you can believe it, over just getting rain...as it would relieve the "sere" situation we are in...and I wouldn't have to choose of what garden plants would have to meet their demise! Takes so little to excite me....so last nite, after cleaning the house eaves, finding a wasps nest, and getting stung twice...cleaning the eaves of garage, green house & woodshed...I heard on the news, THEY HAVE DOWNGRADED TO A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS....DANG IT, JO...WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF RAIN! The province of B.C., has SOOOO many raging Forest Fires, right now, we, just yesterday received a group of Firefighters from Australia, and New Zealand! Over 10,000 people right now are evacuated OUT of their homes! Only the Northern part of our province is not being ravaged...here it is the beginning of August and we have already used up our Firefighting budget! It's scary living here now...as the firefighters are stretched to the limit! Thank goodness for the Aussies & Kiwi's stepping up to the plate, and lending a much needed hand! so, that's my "up & down" week, dear Jo. Luv ya...& Cheers!
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
It hasn't been that bad & compared to the problems u have right now it has been nothing. I do wish y'all could get some rain. I know it is needed desparately . I hope & pray y'all get rain soon. as for that little toottail, ryan, lol he'll get his wii time but he needs to be out playing away from the wii. Kids don't play like we did. We stayed outside all the time. Of course things are alot different now than when i was a kid back in the olden days as my boys refer to it. They are toottails to, lol. Toottails was one of my grandmother's favorite words.. it does come in handy. please be careful & safe. I do worry aboutu there by yourself!! ann& i did have a nice visit. She's a good friend & has been for a long time.
@JenInTN (27565)
So far so good here. It could be worse..lol. Those godforsaken video games are like mindcontrol jo. He wasn't being honest..he was brainwashed...lol..I get brainwashed when I play mine too. I don't have a wii but I have a playstation I try to stay away from. I get on that thing and I don't think about another thing...lol..I hope you didn't burn your dishwasher up..I hate washing dishes.
@JenInTN (27565)
Wow! Thanks for the best response!