dO yOU lET yOUR kIDS wIN

@erikmama (12929)
i AM JUST WONDERING. IF YOU HAVE KIDS, WHEN YOU PLAY GAMES OR VIDEO GAMES, DO YOU PLAY REGULARLY OR DO YOU LET THEM WIN/ DO YOU ALWAYS LET THEM WIN OR PART OF THE TIME?
@realan (520)
I play normally with my daughter. She plays better than me, and knows all the tricks anyway. When she was really small, I would let her win sometimes. She would get so angry if she lost. We tried to teach her that she can't win all the time. She is fine now. She still gets frustrated if she doesn't win, but now its all in fun and she doesn't take it seriously.
I try to do a 50/50 split with my daughter. The reason that I do this is that it is good for a child's self esteem when they win at something. However, it is also very important for a child to know that they can't always win at everything. This was definitely more of an issue when my daughter was a little bit younger than it is now because when she was younger there was really nothing that she could beat me at but now there are certain things that she is better at than I am. Like some of her computer games.
Most of the time my kids play video games together but every once inn a while I'll join in for a game. If I'm playing against the 4 yr old I'll give him a chance to win (sometimes) because he's just starting out and because he gets frustrated very easily and wants to give him. Letting him win sometimes makes him happy so as long as he learns that everybody loses sometimes then it's all good. My 6 yr old is just way overconfident and is really competitive (has some good talk) so I gotta show him momma still got it!!
When I play with my kids on computer games or video games I do the best I can to beat them because they play much better than me. So we just play it even. I always lose anyways.