Why are the young kids so?

@krupesh (2608)
Why is it so that most of the daughters love their dads & most of the sons love their mothers when they are young? Has it ever come to your mind so? What would be the reason?
@submerryn (1304)
Really? I dont think so. When I was growing up, I was very attached to my mother. Only now that I am a mother to a little boy am I close to my Dad. And my boy, he is so close to his Dad as they do physical activities together. I can only educate my son but the physical play are conducted by my husband. Hence, my son loves play time with Daddy!
@krupesh (2608)
Actually my son is very attached to his mom & my daughter is very attached to me.My son is 6 yrs old & my daughter 15 months old.
@bamrahkirti (1819)
I am more attached to my mother and share almost everything with her.On the other hand my father is bit reserved and i am not very open up with him.So it is just natural inclination to get closer to one of your parents.