Tax free day here! Shopping for school supplies!

@JenInTN (27564)
So it's tax free weekend here and I am on my way out the door to fight the crowd. I am hoping by getting there early I'll miss some of the wildness that these type of sales sometimes involve. Twice a year in my state, there is a tax free weekend to help out people with buying school supplies and clothes. These are the only things that are exempt from tax...oh and computers up to $1500. I wish I had the money for that..lol..So off I go. Do you have these sales in your area? Do you shop during these sales or would you rather avoid the crowds?
@stvasile (7317)
It's really great you have such a day in your area! Even if you can only buy school supplies and clothes, you can still save some good money from buying them in that week-end. I'm not bothered by the crowd, as far as I know I can save some good money... Unfortunately we don't have such a tax-free day around here...
I have not heard of such a thing either, is it something your township puts on, or is it for the entire state or what? I wish we had such a thing. I would deal with the crowds to save on money, as I have 2 school aged kids. Although the schools here provide most of the school supplies at the school, they don't provide paper and pencils, so it would save me a little bit of money.
@JenInTN (27564)
It's nice to have tax free weekends to prepare for school. Here, they send home a school supply list that includes several things. Even things you think is crazy..lol...A pack of tennis balls once..lol..Anyway...it is nice to save some money. Oh..it's statewide here. I think there are some other states that implement it but I'm not sure which ones or when.
@SHAMRACK (8532)
Dear friend, Here we do not have that, here is mostly stock clearance sale. That gives upto 50% to 70% discounts. It is mostly during the month of March and April.People do purchase that time, it goes the first come first serve type.
@JenInTN (27564)
A really good sale can be very helpful...it might actually even help the economy a bit to offer some more sales. Thanks for the response!