Switch For A Gift

@erikmama (12929)
A few months ago our local cable company was offering a free Nintendo Wii for new subscribers. You had to sign a 1 year contract in order to get the system, but I thought it was a really good deal. Would you switch or get new service for your internet, telephone, cable, etc.if you were offered a free gift such as this?
It would really depend on the rates involved there in. Here, there is no competition in the market place for cable, so that wouldn't happen for us. As far as internet, there is cable, DSL, dial-up so really no competition here. The only one that does offer competition is telephone. If the rates between the different companies were very similar, there would be no question about it, I would change service providers. If one was much more expensive than the other, then no, I wouldn't change providers.
It would really have to be a good gift for me to consider switching subscribers. Plus, there are always "catches" and "fine print" when it comes to those types of deals. Sometimes they tell you that your monthly bill will be one thing for a few months, then they hike it up to a different amount that might be higher than your previous subscriber's price. You have to really be conscious of the competitor's intentions when you are thinking about switching companies. Kendria