New Owner

@erikmama (12934)
I am going to buy my first digital camera on Monday. I am totally clueless as to what to look for. Can you give me some suggestions? Is a lower price camera just as good as a more expensive one?
@russso (1701)
I would suggest that you invest on a good one regardless if it were a Digital SLR or a Point-and-Shoot digicam. Realistically, I think you'd be okay with an 8 or 10 megapixel camera unless you plan to shoot a billboard. LOL. I would reco getting a CANON, it's Ixus line has a variety of quality cams that you can choose from. Their cams come in different colors without suffering quality. Goodluck and I'm sure you can't wait to get your new cam. You'll be in photo heaven, that's for sure!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Decide what features are most important to you. Decide how much of a zoom you want, do you want your camera to take videos, etc. Then what I would recommend doing is going to www.amazon.com and start looking up and comparing cameras. That is how I decided to buy my Nikon Cool pix. It's great being able to read other people's reviews on the product before actually purchasing it. Some of the best camera brands out there are Nikon, Cannon, Kodak, and Olympia.
@rakittera (803)
I am currently using a Panasonic Lumix and I've had it for more than 2 years now. I am a big fan of Panasonic Lumix cameras because they have Leica lens which captures vivid colors. This point-and-shoot camera is very easy to use yet it offers features similar to that of digital SLR cameras. An officemate recently bought a Canon D10 which is an underwater camera. I saw it and was quite impressed with its features as well... UNTIL i saw that Panasonic recently released the Panasonic Lumic TS1, which could rival the Canon D10. Panasonic TS1 is an underwater camera as well but it's video capability is so much better than the Canon D10. So, if I had the money right now, I'd sell my old Lumix and buy the TS1. As for the price, I've always believed that a camera is like an investment. You invest in good pictures because those are priceless memories. So, money should not be the issue.
A relative wanted a new camera and did not know which one to pick. They had specific uses for it like taking pictures for the internet. They wanted the camera to take good pictures, not drain the batteries, respond quickly when the picture button is pressed, have an operation that is easy to follow, etc. They owned a Vivitar earlier, so that is where they began to look on line. This led to going to the store (Target) and sampling the cameras there. They ended up with a Fuji for just a little over $100. They ended up looking at all the cameras on display and then ordering what they liked on the internet because the price was better through the internet and they could also get a wider variety of colors to choose from. In the same week, another relative, was given a digital camera for putting in 20 years at their job. They ended up with a Vivitar that is valued for just over $100. There are a lot of good cameras out there but you really need to sample some first and then go home and look up the stats on the one or ones you are interested in.
cameras like konika,samsung are chiply available camertas and good one u look at the features like digital zoom,mega pixcel,face recognization,battery stand by,zoom