Where's The Music

@erikmama (12929)
Are you a fan of MTV? I do not weatch it that often. Thet don't play music anymore!
Ugh, I totally agree. MTV is just trash now, which is a real shame considering what it used to be. I mean, here's a television channel that was incredibly innovative, I'd even go so far as to say it gave a face to music, and now its plagued with the inane drivel of reality shows. Think about it, before the launch of MTV in the early 80s what other ways could you possibly see your favorite musical acts outside of the infrequent concert or even more rare televised music awards show? MTV made seeing your favorite bands affordable and brought it to a medium that the average person could enjoy without the cost and hassle of going to a concert. It's a huge disappointment that MTV and even MTV2 have now strayed so far from their roots.
@marty3888 (2359)
Same here. They shouldn't even call it MTV anymore because MTV satands for Music television. remember when it was continuous videos? Yes, there were the breaks where they broke into MTV spring break with an interview with a vender but those lasted about 30 seconds and they would go right back to videos. by the way, if you want to view those videos, you can go to www.thefox.com, hit videos. You will see the alphabet. hit the letter of the band you want to view.
@wigima5 (908)
I wasnt a super fan of mtv cuz like u said they didnt play music a lot. but i liked mtv's and mtv2's shows. they were pretty cool. I'm so upset that cable took away those channels. As for music I loove watching Fuse. They play music a lot more than mtv. And i love listening to music on there. vh1 has music as well, but not much variation, just basically light music.