Gifts From Strangers

@erikmama (12934)
Often when I am out with my kids, people we do not know will offer them candy, money, toys, etc.Sometimes I will let them take it and sometimes I won't. I would never allow them to receive opened candy, and usually will not allow them candy. What about you? Will you let your kids have things from strangers?
@Valenas (1510)
I am not a parent, but I still do have an opinion in this matter. I am far too paranoid about others' intentions these days. I remember that when I was a kid, I was offered candy and other treats all of the time- but this was from people in a small community, or people that always visited the area and knew us well. Nowadays, as I become all too familiar with the news and how far out of their way some people will go to harm others, I wouldn't trust taking free candy from anyone. I don't even know if I could trust taking money or toys from other people, either, as how would I know what they did to these things before offering to them? How harmful could what they give me potentially be to my child (if I had one)? I don't think I could trust to take anything from anyone. Although I am not in that situation to give a guaranteed answer, this is my current opinion.