Toothpaste on Acne

So everyone has heard that it is good to put toothpaste on acne, what I'm wondering...is there a specific kind/brand of toothpaste I need to use, or does it just have to be white in color, regardless of brand? Thanks!
@DavidReedy (2411)
Is it supposed to actually help clear up the acne? Or are we simply talking about a means of covering it up, i.e. a type of "concealer"? DR...
No it isn't suppose to be a concealer. It's suppose to help heal it, make it disappear.
Okay, interesting. News to me. All I know is that as inescapable as it is, D-Con (the rat poison) is made with fluoritine, a cousin to the flouride we gladly ingest in our water and toothpaste. Fluoride, is a toxic by-product of a metalurgical process, and its health detriments far outweigh the non-existing benefits... aaah, but I deviate. Interesting to know that it apparently works on acne. Did you get plenty of answers, regarding the types/specific kind (if any) to be used?
@neildc (17254)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
Hi lily. I have heard this before, that toothpaste is good to put away acne or prevent acne from appearing. But I don't see any medical explanation about this, or maybe I just never read about it. I think it's better to use soap-free skin cleanser instead of toothpaste and beauty soap. My doctor recommended cetaphil, it's like a lotion, soap-free and hypo-allergenic, gentle to baby and not so baby's skin. LOL
Cetaphil...I'll have to look that up and see if I want to use it. Thanks for the tip! :) I think toothpaste helps with acne because it destroys bacteria, but im not 100%
@Chispa514 (871)
• Montreal, Quebec
Ive never tried it myself, but from what I've heard from people on tv, and from friends who have tried it, it doesn't really matter of the brand, but try to use the actual paste kind, not the gel toothpaste Color doesn't matter either, cause I've had friends use white one, as well as the normal green toothpaste (u know, the original mint flavor), and both have seen results
This might make me seem stupid :P But how can you really tell the difference between the paste and gel. Does it say "toothpaste" and "tooth gel" on the tubes?
this is news to me ....will ask my daughter to try it out & let u know if it works !
@stephcjh (32328)
I have heard a little bit about this before. I think you need to use the white kind of tooth paste. It will set up better and dry the acne out and make your face heal alot faster too.