An open message to Chris Mathews.

@xfahctor (14128)
Lancaster, New Hampshire
Mr. Mathews, I am sorry you felt un safe and alarmed in my state. I am truly sorry that a person excersising their legal rights makes you afraid. But understand this much, this is OUR state and we live as we choose. There is nothing alarming to us about a person open carrying a gun at an event, even outside at a demonstration at a town hall meeting with the president. If our legislators do not feel "alarmed" at spectators in the state house gallery for the legislature being armed, I am sure the president has nothing to worry about either, neither do you. Since you find my state such an alarming place, despite our very low crime and gun violnce rate, I will happily escort you back to the Massachusitts border where you can feel much safer. Ok, for those who missed it. I just watched Chris Mathews "interview" a guy from the Portsmouth New Hampshire town hall meeting. He was part of a quiet demonstration outside the meeting and was open carrying, as is very common in this state. I found the way Mathews dressed this guy down disgusting, condiscending arrogent. Mr. Mathews, if you feel that un-safe in my state and fear us because we regularly carry our guns out in the open, you are quite free to never have to set foot in this state. it is your choice. But here in this state, we have laws that allow us to do this, we don't see the average guy carrying a gun as a threat or "alarming", and being that this is OUR state, it is OUR choice.
@spalladino (17924)
I hope he doesn't come to Florida and believe that he will feel secure here. Our open carry laws are a bit restrictive but you can have a loaded weapon in your vehicle as long as it's holstered...either out in the open or concealed. Then there's the fact that so many of us have concealed carry permits so we very well could be packin' Chris...and you might not even know it.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
It's a wonder Mathews even leaves his house to go to work, how does someone that paranoid and ever step off their front porch? For that matter, how does someone with such a narrow myopic view of the world advance in a career like journalism?
@irishidid (8732)
Awww Did poor widdle Chrissy feel a tinkle running down his leg cause you scared him with your big bad state laws?
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenmmIDmRo0 forgot the link
Man, Chris Matthews is a butthead. I like how he was all over the place with his questions, but he wouldn't allow any latitude in the response. I think Matthews is trying to ape Bill O'reilly, but he's doing it all wrong. Instead of holding someone to task, like O'reilly does, Matthews first tries to label and define ('are you a birther?') and then insult and demean.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
Amidst my outrage, was a lot of laughing. Will OWNED mathews' mornic asss. He was calm, answered with level and consistant answers and didn't give in to the baiting Mathews was laying out for him. I have to look at this with some optimism though. If nothing else this is GREAT publicity for the "free-state" project and the NHLA. A very signifigant, largely (intentionaly) ignored movement has just been inadvertantly been given a national commercial stage. I must remember to send a thank you note to MSNBC for this, lol.
So True! Mathews came off like a frantic nut case and the other guy was calm and level. It's odd when the interviewed is more grounded than the interviewer, but it happened.
Mathews and his tingling leg can ride the short bus straight to hell for all I care. He is symptomatic of the larger problem we have in this country of elitist morons who HATE average American people and only "tolerate" them as long as they can be used to their advantage.