Do you feel as you are a selfish person ?

Sweden
in my high school my best friend always told me that every one is selfish. at that time i used to fight with her and show her that i am not like her as a selfish. she also told me that in every incident there must be your interest involving it. i think it is very much true. the interest behind my signing in into this site is to learn some einglish and spend some good time. i havent got any amount from here. but i am still hoping to get a good time from Mylot. Do you have same openion about it ?
@mipen2006 (5528)
Hey Ivan, what you're doing on myLot is definitely not selfish, even if you are looking for a cash reward for your contributions. And I disagree with your friend. There are many selfless people in the world. I think your friend from school should check their dictionary for the meaning of selfish.
@Archie0 (4668)
You have to think of yourself before others, it becomes selfish when you dont think of others at all, it sounds like you are a good person already! most people on this earth are not worth worrying about,most people are ignorant,selfish,greedy etc but focus on the positive!
• Sweden
hi friend, thanks for your nice reply. tes i do think that mylot is not just money earning sire but for me it is a good place to spend time with dearest friends like you. god bless you. happy lotting.
@stephcjh (32327)
I have a good time here at Mylot also and I am not a selfish person either. You will earn from Mylot if you have the time to put into it. I hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do also.
• Sweden
me too. and as per my concern all of friends are very helpful and cordial. thanks for joining me. happy lotting.
@cher913 (25889)
i guess i am selfish to a certain extent just because i am an only child and was brought up that way. it is hard sometimes for me to share things with the rest of my family.
@dbabcook (389)
As many people who know me would tell you, I am the least selfish person there is. I am always there whenever anyone needs something and I never ask for anything in return. However I have been told that I should but just am not that kind of person. The one thing that does frustrate me about being so giving is that people are not always appreciative. Or when I need something and I turn to them they are too busy to assist me.
@ucue2008 (926)
I do believe that human is selfish, but the different is the level of selfishness. Some have a very high degree of selfishness, while some a little. what you want from this site is not call as selfish, its call as learning. In fact, you will be awarded with your work here. You earn two things at the same time. how can this be call as selfish. I think it much better to spend time here than you do something bad or even just being idle, cause idleness could bring many trouble. When you bored, that;s when you start to plan evil things, like what my friend told me. Ok, happy mylotting
@zandi458 (27952)
Don't focus too much on the earning here but more on the fun of participation and making new friends. The cents will slowly add up and you will be surprise how fast it accumulates. If you have good time here you will not feel time passing by.
• Mexico
In current world sometimes we need to be selfish,other wise we will not exist.There are lots of competition.No survive on this,sometimes may be i became selfish.But it does not mean that i will not help my friends.I prefer to help them always.
@Adarcy (94)
I believe that everyone can be selfish. You know, Adam Smith's market economy relies on people's selfishness. The appropriate selfishness is no guilt. Selfishness is what the biological nature has left on us, is the law of the animal world. Human is also a sort of animal. Abrat. Aug.12th.
I think everyone is a little selfish. I don't think that there is a person in the world who is completely self-less.
• Sweden
i am completele agree with you. happy lotting.
@lynnemg (4539)
I define selfish as only doing things that benefit yourself and no one else or taking things from people when you really do not need them. I am a self-employed housekeeper. I spend time every day cleaning someone else's home. My primary reason is to make money that is needed to provide for my family, but at the same time, I am also helping those people whose homes I clean. Yes, I am doing it to make money, but I don't consider it selfish at all because I do not charge outrageous prices, nor do I take advantage of my clients. That said, there are times when I truly am selfish. If I have worked really hard and made sure my gamily has everything that they need, once in a while I will get in the mood to do or buy something that is only for me. For example, I recently bought a laptop that I have been wanting. I can understand your friend's view on selfishness, but I cannot say that I agree with it.