Exploding biscuits anyone?

A friend was bringing in all the groceries and had sat them in bags on the kitchen counter...the other side of which is where my desk and computer are. There is a pass-through between them. All of a sudden, a huge bang scared the stuffinings out of me! The biscuits that come in the cardboard cans with the metal ends had exploded, hit the ceiling, and biscuits flew everywhere. All I can think is that the heat must have made them "expand." We found 7 of them here and there, and looked forever for the 8th. Um, it was on top of one of the cupboards in that one-foot gap between them and the ceiling. Ugh! I had never had such a thing happen in all the years I've bought those kind. Has that or something similar ever happened to you? Did you end up finding all the pieces? LOL Karen
@peavey (16873)
It happened to me one time, but I think I accidentally hit the side of the can when I brought the sack in. I was putting away groceries and it was on the side of the sink. It exploded all over the place, too. I was the only one home, and I saw it, so it wasn't nearly as funny as your description. That was quite a few years ago. I don't use those canned biscuits any more.
Hi Peavey. I'll probably still use them, but let me say, I was extremely careful putting the other two cans in the fridge. This wasn't the side that "blew" but one of the metal ends. Glad it hit no one. Karen
@jb78000 (15173)
i've heard of exploding flour but exploding biscuits is a new one. always suspected they were dangerous mind you...
LOL, Jb. I never thought so before, but I'm with you! If that metal top had hit someone in the head, there could have been an injury. The stupid thing sounded like a shotgun going off lol. Karen