Couponing

@Jennlk84 (4219)
How many of you out there are into cutting and using coupons? I'm an addict!! I'd actually LOVE to start a couponing/bargain hunting group in my area but I don't know if I'd be able to get enough interested people. I posted on Craigslist to see if anyone was interested but haven't heard anything back yet? So if you're an avid coupon user - what is the best purchase you've made using coupons? I honestly can't remember my best but I know that it was around getting $100 worth of stuff for around $20. I haven't done that well in a while. See my husband and I moved to a new state but before this, in PA, we had a grocery store that doubled $1 coupons on a daily basis! So I would save like crazy!! Now we can only get up to 99cent coupons doubled. Ok, do share your love for couponing and your proudest moments!
@gossipzz (500)
I can relate to that. Don't know how much I save on a daily basis but when I go to the grocery store or department store and see a coupon, I always take and save for when I need it. I the recession we are going through right now. We all need live on coupons. Another thing I always do is shop on the discount rack. If you have kids I have a blog I am trying to start on tips on saving.
@Jennlk84 (4219)
I agree! I know some people "dont have time" for couponing. But even if you do the bare minimum, you can save yourself some $! It's crazy NOT to use coupons. I don't have any children yet. But feel free to show me your blog. I'd love to see! :-)
My wife's grandfather is rather crazy in this way... :) He buys stuff he doesn't need and cons us into pay some trivial amount for it. Sigh.
I love couponing. Unfortunately we don't get many good ones here. I hate printing them off the net cause I go thru so much ink and paper it isn't worth it. Proudest moment was 52.00 worth of Gerber baby food for -3.00. They had to give me coupons back!
@BuffMom (2215)
I love clipping coupons, lol. I get excited to open my sunday paper just to see what coupons there are. Hmm I can't really think of my proudest moment on using coupons, I just know im happy that im able to save a buck or two lol.
It could be fun but I'm an amateur coupon cutter. I only do coupons at my local Walgreens once in awhile when they offer rebates on special items. It is fun but most of my shopping is done at the market where they don't offer coupons.
I love clipping coupons. I prefer doing that now actually. If I can save a few dollars on items that I normally purchase, then, why shouldn't I clip those coupons? It never takes me that long to clip coupons so I don't feel like I'm wasting any time. I'm not sure if I've ever really gotten a spectacular deal because I've clipped coupons. I've just saved a few dollars here and there on items that I would have purchased anyway except when I bought those that time, I saved money.