Its getting to be Hurricane season again....

Have you been watching the weather lately?? There are a few hurricane/tropical storms they are watching now and a couple that might turn into some pretty big hurricanes. Are you in the path of Hurricanes?? Have you been recently affected by a hurricane?? My hubby works for FEMA and he has been watching the weather channel and there website for the last week or two to see what is brewing up in the lakes... since this is that time of year again. If a hurricane was to come to your area...would you evacuate?? Have you ever stayed home during a hurricane and stuck it out?? How bad was it??
Fortunately my place has never been hit by hurricane and pray that we will remain safe from this natural disaster.
Yes!! being in Michigan myself I can say we have never been hit by a hurricane, however we have had days of the remenants of certain hurricanes...like when they hit texas, or florida or the east coast... then a day or two after land fall we will get very cloudy/windy and rainy days... but not as bad as when they are in the ocean of course!! thank goodness!! thanks for the response and have a great day!
I haven't really watched the news lately but I understand the concern. I live in Minnesota, in the northern part of the US, and we don't have any oceans within... 2000 miles of us. I'm sooo thankful for this. I would be so frightened to be in the path of a hurricane. The only thing we really have to worry about is tornadoes, floods, and blizzards.
that is true, we do have our own type of weather to watch out for ourselves but it never seems as severe as a hurricane... although we have had some bad storms that have knocked out power, or taken out trees, or blown things around... and thats just here in Michigan... thanks for the response and have a great night!!
It has now been 5 yrs since Katrina. Hopefully we wont be getting one like that for a while. Though what has often happened is they grow big over the tropics but drop when they reach land.
thats true, they do tend to lose some of there luster when they reach land---which is always good!!! I havent heard the lastest from today, but I still get nervous when we do hear about them. thanks for the response and happy mylotting.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I live in the Caribbean and yes, I think that I have earned a PHD in what to do to prepare for a hurricane. It has been very quiet so far but we have been told to expect a few this year. I think that 4 were fore casted to come. A system is brewing off Cape Verde off Africa and so we will see. We had a Banana farm and I never knew that the trees could fall down at the first puff of wind. In the early days of my living on the Island it was pretty awful when a hurricane came as we knew that things would be so rough for the next year to survive. I once went for 3 months without electricity in 1988 hurricane. It was a nightmare as we could not afford to buy a generator. Now, I am widowed but a son bought me a generator last year so I will have light. For this I give thanks. I always have supplies of food and water in the hurricane season and stock up on disposable plates and cutlery as we lose our water supply too. I pray daily that we will be spared this year as the country is bankrupt and it would be so hard to survive a hurricane. However, if one does come then I pray that it will come in the day. It is more frightening when it comes at night. Blessings. Excellent post.
oh that is so scary to think about!! yes, being in the caribbean you would definitely be more prone to getting hit... I am glad to hear that you have a generator this time... and I hope that you have a good supply of what ever you need if one hits... I would love to say I hope it doesnt, but then we always hear about them hitting once or twice. Take care, stay safe and thanks for the response.
@sameroad (3180)
my neighbor was just telling me about one of the tropical storms out there. i hope we don't get anything. I hate going through hurricanes and losing power. no hot showers!!! its sure a pain. I've always stayed home during the hurricanes. they are not bad to go through.. its just a lot of wind and rain really.. they just suck tho because you always lose power at some point and then you have nothing to entertain yourself with and your just stuck in the house with no power, AC, nothing to dooo.
oh I dont know if I could stick it out... hubby watches the weather channel alot and I see all that damage... I couldnt stay there!! I know of the ones they are watching now, it is scary to think about them and yet I know they wont reach us here in Michigan, not that we havent dealt with remnants of other hurricanes... it is still scary to think of!! thanks for the response and stay safe if one heads your way!