Favorite Job

@erikmama (12934)
What job have you had that you most enjoyed? Are you still there?
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I would say with out a doubt it was my job at our local transfer station (dump). I know, it sounds wierd, how could someone like such a "dirty" job? Well, I enjoyed working with the public. I live in a small town and already knew most everyone, but this helped me get to know even more. I loved the conversation, as not only was it a transfer station, it was a gathering place, where people discussed town issues, social issues politics, or just their daily business. I loved the people I worked with, we were a small crew and more like an extended family, we all looked out for each other. We ate good, ALWAYS ate good, lunch was never a small affair. We would barbq in the summer (and winter too). We also had a full kitchen. And then there was the junk factor. Working there, we got first pick of the best junk that people bought in. I couldn't believe the stuff people would throw away. I built my entire recording studio out of things I found there, incuding the computer that was the nerve center of my studio. OI even pulled a fender acoustic guitar out of a pile once, the only thing wrong with it was it was lacking a few strings. Not still working there however. I was injured in an auto accident and was out for quite a while, the rest of the story is rather personal and involves a misunderstanding that I would rather not go in to here. But I would love to have kept the job. Still miss the place.
@erikmama (12934)
Glad you have a job you enjoy...Thats always important. Thanks for your response!
@erikmama (12934)
To each his own...tha's what makes us all so unique, everyone enjoys something different. Thanks for your response
I'm really enjoying the job I have now. I work at a clothing store, and being a college student it helps pay off textbook fees and various expenses. Plus, I also get a discount of clothes, so it's fine with me..
@erikmama (12934)
I love getting the discounts! Thanks!