Do you wash your hands before having food?

How many times in a day do you wash your hands? Are you specific in washing your hands before having food? I do it regularly. I believe that washing hands before having food is a healthy habit due to which you fall less sick. How about you?
@KrauseHome (34995)
Personally I feel that washing your hands before and after you eat something is something of Big importance and can help keep everyone around you a lot safer and keep you from getting sick easier as well. I do always try to remember to wash my hands first before eating something if I can. The only times I have not washed up before a meal is if a car traveling and we go thru a drive thru somewhere, or days when I am not feeling well and my husband has to bring me food in the bedroom.
Yes there can be times when we are unable to wash our hands do to some inconvenience. But at such times it is better to use a spoon while eating. It is always good to wash hands and make it a practice with our children also. Thanks for your response.
@pcserver (395)
Most of the times...but sometimes I forget and it is not something so vital...it depends on the person...how clean or dirty is he entirely...i think :)
Washing hands have nothing to do with a person being clean or dirty. We wash our hands to maintain our hygiene. So make it a habit. Thanks for your response.
HI bewitched13. i wash my hands everytime i finish my work and before having food...
A good habit indeed. Keep it up. Thanks for your response.
@vathsala30 (3723)
Hi bewitched First of all I wish to say that the child in your avatar is cute. I feel like lifting him in my arms and petting him. I will wash my hands several times in a day with a good liquid handwash solution. After washing the vessels, using the toilet, washing the clothes, cleaning the cobweb and household articles, mopping the floor, gardening etc. Each time I will wash the hands
Thanks for the sweet comment about my avatar. Had a look at your earlier post. Even we maintain a liquid hand wash and all of us clean our hands after all the chores in the house. My avatar represents my grand daughter whom we have taught to wash hands and legs immediately after returning back from outing. This way the child can learn the good habit of washing hands. Thanks for your response.
@Sreekala (22127)
Hi bewitched, You are right, frequent hand washing is one of the best methods to avoid getting sick and spreading illness. Hand washing is an easy way to prevent infection and it requires only soap and water. I used to wash my hands when coming from outside, before starting my cooking, before eating food etc. I am using soap or liquid hand wash to wash my hands. I am very particular with this habit and teaching the same habit to my kids too.
Hi Sreekala, Washing hands is a good hygienic practice and the kids need to be taught right from their childhood. Good that you have imbibed good practice in your kids. Today's children are always in a hurry so they have to be reminded on and off. Thanks for your response.
YES i wash my hands before having food if i never wash my hands i don't eat food.
A good habit indeed keep it up. Thanks for your response.
Hello, I too have read that washing hands is a must before having food. Usually I wash but I used to miss sometimes when I am in a hurry.But after reading those do's and don'ts to avoid swine flu which says wash your hands as often as possible I have started following this rule very rigorously. I hope I will continue to do so Happy mylotting
A good start to a clean habit. Keep it up.
@dlr297 (5371)
I wash my hands all the time, and i always make sure i do if i am handling any kind of food. when i prepare it and when im going to eat it.
Good job keep it up.
@daliaj (5689)
Yes, I will do it for sure. Now, swine flu is spreading in India and we are not supposed to eat without washing hands. I eat my lunch using spoon at office. So, I don't wash hands at that time, but I make it a point to wash hands whenever I eat food with hands. Also, I make it sure that the vessels I use are clean too.
Swine flu is the latest threat but the bacteria in the hands are really dangerous. Good that you wash your hands and vessels also regularly to maintain hygiene.
@divkris (1163)
Hmmmm - i do wash my hands occasionally, when i'm not that hungry or when i have to wait till the food is served (especially in hotels). But if i'm hungry, feeding my starving stomach is the priority than getting rid of the bacteria hiding in my hand. Now-a-days i'm being a little careful because of the swine-flu hype - i wash my hands when ever i use my hands/fingers to eat. So what about you?
Not only for the fear of swine flu even if you are extremely hungry never eat before you wash your hands thoroughly. The bacteria in your hands may even lead to diarrhea. I wash my hands regularly often with hand wash liquid.
@radx682 (327)
Yes you're right...washing hands before food is a very good habit and I do the same before having my meal...that too washing with a handwash solution or soap is more important...I anyway wash my hands before I cook even then I wash hands before having food.
So you maintain washing hands even before cooking! It is indeed a good practice. Thanks for your response.
@tonyllenium (6266)
Yes before i will have my meal i always washing my hands as well!!i think is a good habit and even healthy so i will do it everytime i will eat somethings..in dinner o lunch as well!!
Of course the hands should be washed before every meal. Keep it up.
@mermaidivy (15417)
I basically wash my hands after I finish doing lots of stuff especially the public stuff because I find it so dirty and I feel uncomfortable after touching the public facilities. So I do wash my hands before I have my meal.
Yes it is very important to wash hands after using public facilities.They never maintain hygiene. Thanks for your response.
@yogambal_64 (1016)
Yes Of course, I wash my hands a number of times a day, and specifically before having food.
A good habit indeed. Keep it up.
@indahfth (11173)
I tried to wash hands as often as possible. after touching public facilities, from the after travel, before preparing food, before eating and more. with frequent hand-washing, then we will be protected from disease germs.
Yes it is a good habit and it should be encouraged in the family. Thanks for your response, Happy mylotting.
@vathsala30 (3723)
Hi bewitched Actually everyone should wash their hands before taking food because by doing so we are cleaning our hands and keeping it free from disease causing germs. We in our home make it a habit of washing our hands before we take our food