Class reunion update: OMG I am so glad I went!

@jillhill (37383)
I had the best time at my 40 year class reunion.....I stayed up most of the night reconnecting with one of my friends I hadn't seen since we went to beauty school together! I got to visit with tons of other people and spend some time with my sisters too! So have you been hesitant to go someplace then after you went you had such a good time? I almost turned around on my way to the reunion thinking it wouldn't be any fun.....was I wrong!
@carolbee (16233)
So glad to hear you had a good time at your reunion. Was the couple there you were concerned about? I know what you mean about almost turning around. I've toyed with this feeling in the past when we went to our last reunion. Almost decided that we should have stayed home. Our 40th wasn't as much fun as the 30th.
@jillhill (37383)
Yes......Ken and Barbie were there......he sat next to me with his knee touching mine during dinner while she sat across the table with a pained look on her face....I tried to avoid them as much as possible...but it was fun! My two best friend didn't show but like I said another of the gals I went to beauty school was and we had a total blast!
@carolbee (16233)
Ew-la-la he was a little touchy feely that night. Glad you had a good time.
@carolbee (16233)
Thanks for giving me the best response.
No I haven't been that surprised in a long , long time. I think the last time I went and was happily surprised was when I was in highschool and I go into te all city orchestra. I didn't know what to expect and it was fun.
@jillhill (37383)
Good for you! All city orchestra! What do you play?
Violin. In fact I stared in All City in middleschool.I stared as a second violinist and ended up sitting close to the 1 st chair in the first violin section. Let me explain. You would audition and you were seated by how well you did. So for me to go from second violin to first was great.
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
I am soo glad u had a good time. I could tell from what u had earlier that u had doubts about going. I didn't know u went to beauty school. Did u work as a hairdresser. I was one for 47 years. I have dreaded going places & have it turn out to be fun. I really glad u went to. I have never been to one of mine, probably never will.
@jillhill (37383)
I quit school before I finished.....got pregnant and moved home to get married....but I tell you those few months have lasted me a lifetime.....I did my kids' hair almost all their lives and being a single parent it sure saved me alot of money!
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
it's good that u could do the girl's hair, that did save u alot of money. my dil is a hairdresser now & i can't believe the prices they charge,. it is hard work believe i know. i'm paying now for standing on my feet all those years but i enjoyed doing it.
@caver1 (1765)
Glad you had a good time. Hope mine goes as well this fall.
@jillhill (37383)
I hope for you it does too!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
I've only been out of high school for 7 years, so we haven't had a reunion yet. We were suppose to have a 5 year reunion but it never happened! So maybe a 10 year? I would imagine it's pretty neat to sit down with your classmates after 40 years!! I think I'm looking forward that more than I would be to have a 10 year reunion. I'm glad you went and ended up having a great time!
@jillhill (37383)
I am so very glad I went.......I hope you have the opportunity to go soon too!
@elmiko (6640)
i'm glad you had such a great time. i have not had a high school reunion yet as i'm too young but it would be good to reconnect with some people i haven't seen in a long time.
@jillhill (37383)
It was very nice and a very pleasant surprise!
That's wonderful. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised!
@jillhill (37383)
I was a bit nervous walking into the room filled with people....but in just minutes I was talking to all of them like it was yesterday instead of 40 years ago!