Who do you prefer to take you to the doctor in times of illness?

I'm the youngest in the family and I have never been hospitalized or taken to the doctor for major treatment. Growing up, I thought I can never face any major medical treatments without my mom. But now being married, that change. I would prefer best that my husband be on my side whenever I would face any major medical treatment. I would prefer him holding my hands and hearing his gentle voice whatever pain I will be facing. It will be so assuring to hear him pray with me during this very uncertain situation in my life.
@vandana7 (64930)
I like being fussed about. And my father is a genius at that. He can be so concerned that even if I have a slight cut on my hand, he would be rushing me from one doctor to another as if it was the end of the world. It is quite amusing and I think when in pain that helps in keeping my mind off pain. I have not been to hospitals as often as many of my cousins. Touch wood. But if I ever do get that sick, I would like my father to be around.
That is very sweet of your father. I think its very seldom for fathers to do that.. So that is really cool!
@rainmark (4306)
Like you, im married too. I'm more a granny's girl. So before, i preferred my granny with all the time on my illness. Now, coz i've been away from my family specially with my mum and granny, i wanted them to be with me, together with my husband.
Wow, that is a lot of moral support! You are blessed to have people around you who love and cares for you in time of illness.
@Aylward (199)
I prefer my wife to take me to the doctor. Having her near me is so re-assuring that nothing will go wrong. Having her near me makes me feel strong and courageous.
Spouses! They make magic... making you feel a lot stronger that you really are!
@Archie0 (4669)
I never go to the doctor even when i am ill badly it is only my mom who takes me i never go there.Because i hate going to hospitals it is only my mom who can drag me by neck to him sometimes.
Great mom! Heaven bless her...:)
@aeadams (126)
When I was a kid, my mom was the one who brings me to the hospital. Now that Im grown up, I can go to the hospital alone. However, in critical times, like when I gave birth to my daughter, my husband is the one who took me. In case that my husband is not available, I prefer my sister, who is a nurse, to take me there.=)
I'm a nurse and my sisters and all my nieces and nephews also prefer that I be present in many of their medical cases. What a life! I enjoy it though... :)
@YoungInLove (1254)
Well Im still living under my parents roof, and my dad has a more convenient work schedule that my mom. So when it comes for serious illness, its always my dad that handles it and brings me to the hosptal. When it comes to just a check up or something I just drive myself and go alone. I once had a boyfriend who had to take me to the hospital when I slept at his house, I guess that was nice to have him by my side, but usually its my dad that handles it when it comes to that stuff.
Sweet and loving dad!