Have you ever been in a desperate situation where you can't pay your bills?

We all have some time of difficulty in life. We try to manage it the best we can, and we all trying to solve problems on a everyday basis. So, have you ever been in a situation, where you couldn't pay your utility bills, and your rents. You try to work it out, but the cash always come short? It might sound a little bit too extreme. But it might happen to some of us here. How could try to solve it? Borrow money from friends and family? Or you work something out?
@zoey7879 (3104)
This happens often... I make sure that the rent, food, and prescriptions are first taken care of, because of money becomes tight enough, cable/internet can be shut off - although we try to keep the phone on as well because living in a small town where there are no payphones or generally helpful neighbors isn't a good thing. Before we ever try to borrow money, we try to sell or pawn off whatever might fetch a price. Then someone living here in the house will try to put themselves out to provide domestic / work services. Then and only then if ends don't meet their means do we borrow, and that's only for rent and emergencies. If it's just for something thats not necessary we just deal with the loss.
@flagella08 (5069)
this is supposed to be my topic for today. im suffering exactly the same stuff that you describe in this post. yes it's really difficult when you don't know what and where to go especially in terms of financial matter.But i always believe that GOD wil always provide. amidst the financial crisis that happened i felt the Divine providence. i just wanna stay positive. i don't wanna add more agony to my pains by thinking more of the negative ones.
Sorry, I stole your topic, but I just saw somebody actually facing such situation. They were struggling to come up the money to pay rents and bills to keep the house running.
That almost happened to my family. My mother doesn't have work in the summer and the bills were almost due. All her credit cards are maxed out and we didn't have anyway to cash. Just before the bills were due though, my mother got her unemployment check. It was a few hundred dollars and it helped pay off some bills. If it didn't come, we probably would have to borrow money from my grandfather